Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a cat-back system and can't decide which to get. I already have cold air induction and long tubes. I want my system to be loud at WOT and somewhat tolerable at cruising speeds with no drone. As far as performance goes, I would not expect to see more than a .15 gain in 1/4 mile times. Would you say that's accurate? Also, what about weight? I would guess both systems would way the same or less that the stock titanium system since the B & B's have no mufflers and the Stingers have much smaller ones. Again, is that accurate? Which ever system I decide on I will get the dual quad tips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Stingers drone, from my experience. If that's a deal-breaker, I'd look elsewhere.

My Corsa Ti's are loud at WOT, quiet when cruising, lightweight, but expensive. I think they're great.

-Kirk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bullets get my vote, but then again that's what I have. :)

They are louder and deeper than stingers, and less common.

However, if you're corncerned about in car noise, I'd avoid both since you have long tubes. If money isn't an issue, go with Corsa Ti as stated by KMeloney, probably with mufflers.

If money is an issue, I'd consider Corsa Indys or Magnaflows to avoid resonance.

:cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I say stingers...mine don't really drone that much. If they do...I've gotten so used to it that I don't even hear it anymore. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO GHL's will give you the sound that you are looking for. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
IT L GO said:
Second that choice:yeadog: and no resonance :cool:

Jack

·
Registered
396 Posts
IT L GO said:
I forgot about those! A lot of people have the GHL Magnums, which are similar to stingers, and say that they don't have much of a resonance problem. Also, GHL makes a version called Bullets that have a slightly larger muffler than magnums, and they claim that these have NO resonance whatsoever.

L.A.P.D. sells both GHL and Corsa, and for what it's worth, one time when I asked them which exhaust has the meanest sound with no resonance, they suggested Corsa Indys over GHL. Of course, it's important to note that the Corsas cost more. :)

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
GHL Magnums are the ones :yeadog:

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
gsjack said:
GHL Magnums are the ones :yeadog:

Jack
I'm with Jack on this one! Roar at WOT, but very nice sound at any cruising speed and no resonance at all!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Jim

Knew you would chime in Bro on the GHL's:thumb:

Jack

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stingers! :zboobie:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the stinger quads and I think they sound great! :jammin: They're nice and loud when you step on the gas but very tolerable at cruising speed. :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had both. Stingers are a little quiter and in my opinion don't drone as much as the bullets. But the bullets have a very deep loud tone... Im going back to Stingers for now until I get the urge to go louder then the bullets go back on. can't go wrong with either one both sound great.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
case2307 said:
I say stingers...mine don't really drone that much. If they do...I've gotten so used to it that I don't even hear it anymore. :cheers:

What? Did you say something Case? :lol:

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Banned
411 Posts
I have the GHL Magnums on my Z and at 75 mph... You can talk in a normal voice and barely hear the exhaust... Get it above 2500rpm and it gets loud.... VERY loud. No drone at any rpm and workman-ship is second to none. IMO, they give the best 60's big block sound out of all the choices. Good luck...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts