Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question about the new B&B PRT muffler system. I am thinking about putting them on my new 2002 Z06 on order. I know some of these systems had resonance problems, but that has been fixed. Are there different versions in terms of sound ? Does anyone have the B&B PRT's on a 2002 Z06 ? If so, how do they sound ? I have a 1999 C5 right now with the Borla XR-1 Racing system and really have grown to hate the resonance around the 1800-2200 RPM range. So, with this new Z06 I am planning to have the Halltech Carbon Fiber/Titanium TRIC, TTS long tube headers, Corsa X-Pipe, and B&B PRT's. Does anyone else have a similar setup ? I know the car is going to have a lot of sound, which I like, but I don't want it to be too loud (especially resonance) under 3000 RPM's for daily driving. Any thought's and suggestions would be appreciated ! :-D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Frank has them on his 01' Z06, the first set he had had a reasonance problem, but the replacement set is fine. I am going to put them on my 02' when we do the heads, cam and headers next month, I am sure they will be loud with long tube headers. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yep, I've got the PRTs and absolutely love them. B&B have resolved their resonance problem.

Talked to FUBU yesterday and he rode in an '02 Z wih Indy Corsa's. He said it was too loud even for our standards. The PRT's are slightly louder than the Corsa's. I guess the removal of the pup cats on the '02 is what is making the difference.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quicksilver- I installed the PRT's on my 02 Z two weeks ago. Did it with a great contact Frank had in St. Louis. I absolutely love it!

I believe it is a little louder than the same system in the '01 (like Frank has). This is probably due to the pup removal. However, at a constant 70 mph, the resonance is very low -- it is there but nothing like a flowmaster, the SLP loudmouth (like I have on my '01SS, etc.). IMHO, it does not effect conversation or CD listening (ZZTop, don't ya know).

I posted last week that after I installed Nate's partition, the road noise was lower; Bose speaker imaging was at least 50% better; and -yes- minimal reasonance from the PRT's. but, when you get on the pedal, it sounds like a european exotic! The system, when you want it to, certainly turns heads. Yet, when Mr Smokey is around, it is very quiet.....til ya want that little devil to come out!!!

Hope this helps. Ken-:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have them on my car. They sound AWESOME!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts