Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

B&B has made these shorty headers in a 'step' design. 1 5/8 " at the flange that step up to 1 3/4" with two cylinders merging into a 2 1/4" collector then the two 2 1/4" collectors merging into a single 21/2" collector. In plain words, a step TRI-Y header or in even plainer language, a sprint car header for a ZO6.

B&B has also trimmed half of the weight of your stock manifolds for the Z06, 16 pounds on the short tube headers versus 32 pounds for the stock manifolds on the '01. 02's are with in a pound or two of that number.

No catalytic converter removel, pre-cat nor main cat, is necessary. No welding necessary Bolt on install time on the shy side of 3 hours can be expected, though our installers did it in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Some customers find it hard to return a leased vehicle or sell a emmissions changed car at the time of trade in. Not with these pipes.

All stainless steel construction, half the weight on the already weight conscious Z06 and a 8-10 rwhp gain is a combination most customers will prefer.

Retail is $1150, call us for the best deal on them, shipped free in the continental U.S. is the current price.

RG

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
RG,
Have you put a set of these on a '02? I'm curious what kind of numbers you will get on the new Z. Whatever headers I go with for my '02, I'm going to want them coated. What do you suggest?

P.S. What is your opinion of the aftermarket MAF's. Will one of these help with the hp loss with the "Black Wing" on the '02's? Let me know what you think.
Take Care!:z:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Z06 Tom said:
RG,

P.S. What is your opinion of the aftermarket MAF's. Will one of these help with the hp loss with the "Black Wing" on the '02's? Let me know what you think.
Take Care!:z:
I have seen nothing hard and fast that shows this condition on paper(dyno sheet). I have seen other shops post that they have tested with auto tap and haven't seen that issue.

RG

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
RG in Dallas said:
In stock and ready to ship, with a reduced price.

B&B has made these shorty headers in a 'step' design. 1 5/8 " at the flange that step up to 1 3/4" with two cylinders merging into a 2 1/4" collector then the two 2 1/4" collectors merging into a single 21/2" collector. In plain words, a step TRI-Y header or in even plainer language, a sprint car header for a ZO6.

B&B has also trimmed half of the weight of your stock manifolds for the Z06, 16 pounds on the short tube headers versus 32 pounds for the stock manifolds.

No catalytic converter removel, pre-cat nor main cat, is necessary. No welding necessary Bolt on install time on the shy side of 3 hours can be expected, though our installers did it in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Some customers find it hard to return a leased vehicle or sell a emmissions changed car at the time of trade in. Not with these pipes.

All stainless steel construction, half the weight on the already weight conscious Z06 and a 8-10 rwhp gain is a combination most customers will prefer.

Pricing is: $975, retail is $1150, shipped free in the continental U.S. is the current price.

RG

RG,

Thanks for your help today! I look forward to getting them on.

·
Registered
0 Posts
RG,

I remember when RAT put a set of these headers on his Z. I can't remember his RWHP gain, but I think it was somewhere around 8. I could be wrong. Do you have any idea what the difference in RWHP and RWTQ would be between these and the long tubes? :-?

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would definetely want to see some stock to headers installed dyno sheets before even considering changing them on my 02'. The exhaust system is a little bit different than the 01's. I am tired of people posting what they did on the 01's. I want to see if they are worth it on the 02's since the precats were removed..

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
NC_EB_Z06 said:
I would definetely want to see some stock to headers installed dyno sheets before even considering changing them on my 02'. The exhaust system is a little bit different than the 01's. I am tired of people posting what they did on the 01's. I want to see if they are worth it on the 02's since the precats were removed..
No worries, I am having my shorties installed next week, I will then seek out a dyno, the only 2 mods on my car will be the T-1 and the headers, and a little 100 octane gas :) Will post when available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts