Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drove down last Sunday (~700 miles each way). I had a D1 installed along with an Aussie clutch. Install was done in 3 days! The new power is awesome although I haven't driven it too much due to weather here. The clutch feels pretty good so far. I am hoping it will break in some as it chatters pretty bad when trying to drive normally taking off in 1st.

After my initial dyno a year ago with only headers and a tune my 402-405rwhp pulls were criticized by many on here. So, I had Andy dyno it before starting the s/c install and the two runs came in at 402 and 404 rwhp. So, it appears my 402-405rwhp pulls from last year were legit.

My post-s/c numbers are 560rwhp/484rwtq.

Here are some pics from A&A along with my dyno sheet and some vids of my before and after dyno runs. And, if you're wondering why it's so loud that's due to the LG's, no cats, and Borla straights :D

http://66.169.234.247/z06/a&a_5.9.05/A&A Supercharger Install.htm

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Wow! Congrats on the new power! :coo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on the very nice numbers. It always scares me when I hear people making Dyno runs on a brand new clutch. In your case I guess there's is no way around it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Andy knows his stuff. Your power numbers are within a couple ponies and lbs of mine. Did Andy mention anything about a forged shortblock? Where did you get your Z06 supercharged badge?

I believe I may have been one of those critical of your numbers with just headers, I apologize and congratulate you on having a strong running car. :cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
no problem. i was suspicious of the pre-s/c numbers too and was glad to see andy's dyno matched my previous pulls.

i got the s/c badges from extreme motorsports. i believe corvette garage carries them as well. they're not cheap, but what's an extra ~$200 after the cost of the s/c and clutch install :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Congrats on the numbers :jammin: I know what it's like to have all that new found power :jammin:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Enjoy the new power :thumb:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Congrats on your new found power and don't forget the Tylenol for your sore grinning muscles. :D

Best to Ya
Zrod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts