Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know that my Z was taken out by a sub delivery guy on the first of September. The nose piece, fender and head light cover had to be replaced. They also had to paint the hood and other fender to make it match. There is the background and here is my current state.

Picked the car up last monday, late, almost dark. Did not notice anything wrong with the repaires, the body work looked great. Took the car home and it was not compleatly cleaned until Friday afternoon. I'm washing away and discover that the roof and sides of the car have a rough feel on them. Get to looking and it looks like overspray. You can see where the masking tape was and where a hand was on the roof. :mad: So I call the body shop back and they say bring it in Thursday morning and we will clay bar the car and get the crap off. So I'm feelling OK again. Then last night as I'm going to get in it to go smoke a ricer I notice crap on the hood. There are now what looks like globs of paint all over the whole hood. About 20 total and they range in size from a pen head to about an eighth of an inch. They were not there a few days ago. :mad:

Is it possible for this to happen with a fresh paint job? Like it is gassing out or something. I think I got the Earl Shibe special on the paint.

I'm off the to body shop first thing in the morning. I hope I don't get screwed. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully they treat me rite.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kevin,

Contact me, our man Bill at ELCO has a way to get around their bodyshop. He has a solution. :D

Sorry man to hear this....their bodyshop has gone to the pot. :(

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Sorry to hear it. That really sux! :(
Hope it gets taken care of ok. Listen to Frank, and keep the faith.

Keep us posted.
:(

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dropped the car off. They let me borrow one of there pick um up truck for the day:D Anyway they are going to clay bar the back half of the car. That should take the overspray off. For the front they are going to sand and buff. They were real nice to me because they knew I was pissed. So I'll go look at the car later today and see how it looks. If its not good I'll sick Frank on em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts