• No

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we "tag" pictures as Over 18 and only display them on request?

IE, instead of lumping them all together and asking for age verification, should we go right to the clean version, then have a link that says "View 18 and older content".

This would eliminate the 2 click process to the banner pics for most ppl and only those that wish to see that content would get it.

Otherwise the 18 onlys would be hidden (a PG rated version)

JC

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Do what you have to do, I don't care either way. It is a shame that a few will ruin a good thing for everyone.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
whatever needs to be done but keep the over 18 banners comin :D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think some of you are getting the wrong message. The "good" banner pics won't stop. Just, to see them, you'll have to click "Over 18" once on the banner pics page.

That make sense?

JC

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sounds like a good idea JC. That way they will be more localized.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
572 Posts
N4C5S said:
I think some of you are getting the wrong message. The "good" banner pics won't stop. Just, to see them, you'll have to click "Over 18" once on the banner pics page.

That make sense?

JC

I know I understood it the first time. I think you'll find that everyone will easily go along with what you feel is the best way to organize the site:cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
JMHO,

There are people that do not appreciate the "GOOD" banners, and out of respect for those members, put them in a "Must Be 18" area.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You already have a warning in the forum description. I'd advise being careful when setting morality limits. The warning is enough IMO. Besides...anyone ever been to a speed shop without some pics on the wall? Much worse stuff easily available if it's the under-age crowd you're concerned about. The Z06...NO LIMITS!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True GlenBo, my thinking here is to eliminate that first blank page where you chose the age delimiter.

If we move this one level deeper then we would have the best of both worlds, ie, one click access to the banner pics, and one more click to see them all........

it won't be a seperate page or anything, in fact, it will look exactly the way it does now, the only difference will be "where" you click the Over 18 notice, which is a legal requirement for public sites.

eh?

JC

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I think that is a good idea JC. Just so the access to the good stuff is there. Some folks, who may be easily offended, may find it a little more satisfying and it will still pander to folks like me! :lol:

Take care,

Dan

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I agree. It will allow people to view banner pics that wouldn't normally because of the warning. Some people see the warning and don't go in. Don't want to be offended I guess???? I say bring them all on:D :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
BlkZO6 said:
I'ld say do whatever you feel is best for the site. We'll all manage.
My feelings.Be easier for the ZO6'ers that have kids looking over their shoulders. :eek: :-? :roll:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
fcalmes said:
JMHO,

There are people that do not appreciate the "GOOD" banners, and out of respect for those members, put them in a "Must Be 18" area.
I go with Frank. Out of respect............... :eek: ;)

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Many have made good reasons to support this idea and for me it will work either way so do what you think is best for this site and we will make the appropriate adjustments, just keep the good pics coming HarleyB, Frank and Zdog! :eek: Bill :cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Originally posted by BlkZO6
I know I understood it the first time. I think you'll find that everyone will easily go along with what you feel is the best way to organize the site:cheers:
Agreed :yeadog: :yeadog: :guiness:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some of us aren't "easily offended", we just don't care to see scantily clad women on a site that is supposed to be a class act. You can buy "girlie" magazines at the store. Besides, I don't understand why any Corvette owner, let alone a Z06 owner, would want anyone sitting on their cars after we take such care to clean them to perfection. It's either scratches from the rivets in the denim shorts or sweat from the naked buns. I don't let anyone, no matter if he has pants on or not, sit on my car!:p

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Blue Lady said:

... I don't let anyone, no matter if he has pants on or not, sit on my car!:p
Funny thing about that Blue Lady... Neither do I! :puke:

Take care,

Dan Farmer making a funny yet manly-man comment! :crazy: :) :crazy: :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts