Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a fellow forum member CraigK today to drop of a shirt and got some pics! The rest will be posted later in the Banner Pics area but here's a sample.

Craig, I enjoyed meeting and talking with you today and that Quicksilver looks GREAT cleaned up!

On another note, I had a lot of pride when Craig pulled out that banner....why? Well, 8 months ago when I had an idea to create a site for my Z06, it was more place to throw up some pictures of my new purchase and maybe get a couple friends to look at it.

Now, I look back and I'm amazed, not so much with the car, anyone can build a car, it's the people that make it special and people that care enough to listen to enthusiasts and build the car of their dreams. When Craig pulled out that Frankenbanner, I realized that this site (community) is a living thing, a microcosm of society all drawn together by a piece of machinery. When I see members helping others or a banner made by a good friend I've never even met 1000 miles away being pulled out by a friend I didn't know minutes earlier, all because of an idea someone once said was silly and would never work....well, it's humbling.

I'm very proud of all of you, not for just making this a great site, but for being great people and great friends that can count on one another.

Frank, these, my first banner pics are dedicated to you, for without seeing your enthusisam when I first asked you to help 8 months ago, I may not have continued.

JC

·
Registered
680 Posts
You guys are GREAT!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And you both deserve multitudes of praise and thanks. This is a Awesome place with excellent people and advise. I am extreamly PROUD to be a member! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Keep up the great work /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
We are family!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That's what this is about!!

Wow, I've seen better looking legs on a coffee table!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have only been a member/watching this site for around 2 months, but let me say the moderators and members are some of the most personable and helpful anyone could ever come across.

Thanks for making this such a great site. The secret of its success is the great foundation the moderators have set, and the enthusiastic and helpful members.

CD

M

·
0 Posts
hey...and it's green /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

this place rocks!!!

Mark

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I agree. You can really feel the camaraderie between the folks at this place. I see a lot less of people's egos here and a lot more warmth than I do on the other msg board. It really is a great place.

I'm glad I found you guys. Hope to meet some of you in person soon.

·
Registered
619 Posts
This is the best and most tightly knit community forum that I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thank you guys. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Just keeps gettin Better..........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just hope that no matter how big this forum gets we all remain one! This forum is great!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Nice thread to read....Yes, we have some great people here, and I am so eager to meet everyone!!! Maybe at Carlisle?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ditto ...all of the above! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HarleyB

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Killer, best of luck with your recent surgery. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Let me know if you need anything. I mean it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Les /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think I have said it a few times already, but you guys are great, and everyday when I visit this site a read all the posts it makes me feel good and look foward to my day when hopefully i'll be at the NCM picking up my Vette in a few years and knowing you guys will be at home on the computers cheering me on.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Guys...We DEFINITELY need to begin planning a MEET at the NCM someday(or some 'centralized' location),not too far in the future...!!! Would be a GRAND idea to us have this meet,so we can personally extend our sincere thanks to the Moderators and JC,for having the BEST Z06 site in the world!
The Zman........ /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a thread going on us meeting in the Spring at the NCM, the deal was we would be at 1000 members and have enough in the brick fund for the big brick.

Looks like we'll hit both of those milestones.

JC

·
Registered
47 Posts
This really is the best car-specific/enthusiast web site that I have ever seen or frequented. Very /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif ...

Members actually help out other members and provide practical and helpful feedback (what a concept /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ).

Anyway, gotta go post a new topic. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

- LAC

2001 Torch Red Z06
(How do I get a banner /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif )

·
Registered
0 Posts

How do I get a banner /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
We are currently out, but with the help of a forum member, we might be able to produce some more, only with the new logo. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
221 Posts
This IS a Great Forum:grin:
You guys are the reason, I dug deeper into my pockets to spring for a Z06 instead of a coupe.

Its this forum and :guiness: that keeps me going/sane during my wait for my dealer to get that Z06 allocated:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts