Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I read I am about to be banned for cussing but I don't even know when It happens because no message with what i said was sent.

Pretty sure I got warning for the word C word that means poop.

SO where is the line? what is a cuss word and what is not?

can we make a list please?

maybe a sticky or add a list to the rules.

·
9,755 Posts
I think George Carlin defined the list :lol:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
SO I read I am about to be banned for cussing but I don't even know when It happens because no message with what i said was sent.

Pretty sure I got warning for the word C word that means poop.

SO where is the line? what is a cuss word and what is not?

can we make a list please?

maybe a sticky or add a list to the rules.
First of all, I moved this thread out of the 'Introduce yourself' section. Doesn't really seem appropriate, does it.

Second, no neither of your warnings were for using the word the word 'crap' as you appear to suggest. I think you already know that both your warnings were for the 'F' word.

.....and no, we are not amending the site rules to list every 'profanity' we can think of.

Mike

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
First of all, I moved this thread out of the 'Introduce yourself' section. Doesn't really seem appropriate, does it.

Second, no neither of your warnings were for using the word the word 'crap' as you appear to suggest. I think you already know that both your warnings were for the 'F' word.

.....and no, we are not amending the site rules to list every 'profanity' we can think of.

Mike
I looked for a "forum" for questions I did not see this, thanks for moving it.

I don't think I used the F word. not that i don't use it.. but in this instance I would think it would have been crap or SHEET not F. but who knows.

I never know what i said cause its always deleted and you don't tell me. I don't even get a PM saying hey man, fix it or stop using this word.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I dont think I used the F word. not that i dont use it.. but in this instance I would think it woul dbe crap or SHEET. but who knows.

I never know what i said cause its always deleted and you dont tell me.
OK, fair enuf.

The word you used BOTH times you were warned is the 'F' word. I'm not guessing on this, I'm positive.

It is one of the words used that is certain to draw a warning/editing/vacation here on the site.

It would be, in most peoples vocabulary, the very essence of the term 'profanity' and is considered a no-no here.

Is that clear enough to avoid any confusion?

Mike

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
so where is the line? Just basically don't use the F word?

C*** is ok but S*** is not? s*** was actually a acronym before it became a cuss word. s*** (Ship High In Transit) so the crates of manuwer did not release methane gas into the bilge of a ship and blow up mid way across the Atlantic.

what about Homophones?

D*** is not cool but Dam is? I locked though the Dam, and almost hit my my buddys D*** boat..?

what about v***** ? or p**** ? maybe p**** is just kind of across the line but you get banned for c*** ? even though its a real word that used to be used in every day lauguage. None of those are Cuss words technically. IN irelenad C*** is the more used word then v*****... and the internet is global not just USA.

I would like some clarification, and I hope you know this thread was started so I know where i stand not to just be banned for it. IF i wanted to be banned, I would have posted some ban worthy stuff and walked away.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Hope you had fun!

You obviously decided to play little boy games and post every profane word you could think of shrouded as questions in this thread.

We don't play that here.

After your 2 month 'site vacation', if you choose to start posting again, let's just say that ANY profanity, in your case, is prohibited.

Mike

·
Banned
3 Posts
So you ban an IP address. What a cheap cop out. Not only was the one word you asked not to be posted, not posted.

No clarification. You edited out regular words, and did not answer the question. You can't say every word is a problem. If someone wanted to Cuss and ruin your day they would have done so. It was a thread for just that. Clarification.

But you can't pull your head out of your own rectum to have a actuall debate and convo about the issue at hand.

Mittens, I see you have joined the site again under a different username. You also joined again as Bateman. Multiple usernames are not allowed either.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
So you ban an IP address. What a cheap cop out. Not only was the one word you asked not to be posted, not posted.

No clarification. You edited out regular words, and did not answer the question. You can't say every word is a problem. If someone wanted to Cuss and ruin your day they would have done so. It was a thread for just that. Clarification.

But you can't pull your head out of your own rectum to have a actualy debate and convo about the issue at hand.
^ get back on the short bus and reach your destination.

·
Banned
3 Posts
This is internet, not real life. Its not the end of the world being banned form a forum.

But Its seams to me a certain Accountant can't Handle a little questioning of athority.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.