Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am all new to the N20 and was wondering for a small size bottle how many "shots" of N20 can do if you set it to a 100 shot and how much do the refills cost?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,
Sunrise

·
Registered
67 Posts
sunrise said:
Hi All,

I am all new to the N20 and was wondering for a small size bottle how many "shots" of N20 can do if you set it to a 100 shot and how much do the refills cost?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,
Sunrise
Well in order to answer you have to give us some info. What size bottle? Nitrous goes around here for about $3-$4 a pound. I would reccomend that you allways go with the biggest bottle you can. Much more efficient.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Homeslice (tm) said:
Well in order to answer you have to give us some info. What size bottle? Nitrous goes around here for about $3-$4 a pound. I would reccomend that you allways go with the biggest bottle you can. Much more efficient.

Hi there,

I see so a 15lb bottle would run about $50-$60. How much of the bottle would 1 shot of 100HP N20 use up....(1-2lbs or more)?

Thanks in advance.
Sunrise

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Sunrise,

One issue to consider is nitrous pressure. You have to maintain adequate pressure in order to get a true 100hp out of a "100hp shot" (meaning you have the 100hp jets in the nozzles at the manifold). If you tune it and you get 100rwhp at 900psi of bottle pressure, then you must maintain that pressure. Higher pressure can yield higher power numbers, but you could also go lean. Lower pressure will yield lower numbers.

The reason I bring this up is b/c once the bottle gets down to ~3lbs left in it, you will have a very hard time maintaining proper bottle pressure...even with a bottle heater. It may be fine at the beginning of a run, but by the end in higher gears, the pressure will certainly have dropped.

So if you have a 10lb bottle, figure you need to refill it once you use 7lbs.

I could easily get 6-7 full 1/4 mile passes out of a 10lb bottle with no problems with a 125hp shot. Sometimes 8-9 passes. There would still be a little nitrous left in the bottle, but it would be useless.

When I was running nitrous in my Vette, I had two 10lb bottles mounted in the slanted center section of the trunk. This worked very well. When one got low, I just opened up the other. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WA 2 FST said:
Sunrise,

One issue to consider is nitrous pressure. You have to maintain adequate pressure in order to get a true 100hp out of a "100hp shot" (meaning you have the 100hp jets in the nozzles at the manifold). If you tune it and you get 100rwhp at 900psi of bottle pressure, then you must maintain that pressure. Higher pressure can yield higher power numbers, but you could also go lean. Lower pressure will yield lower numbers.

The reason I bring this up is b/c once the bottle gets down to ~3lbs left in it, you will have a very hard time maintaining proper bottle pressure...even with a bottle heater. It may be fine at the beginning of a run, but by the end in higher gears, the pressure will certainly have dropped.

So if you have a 10lb bottle, figure you need to refill it once you use 7lbs.

I could easily get 6-7 full 1/4 mile passes out of a 10lb bottle with no problems with a 125hp shot. Sometimes 8-9 passes. There would still be a little nitrous left in the bottle, but it would be useless.

When I was running nitrous in my Vette, I had two 10lb bottles mounted in the slanted center section of the trunk. This worked very well. When one got low, I just opened up the other. :)
Thanks for your response it was very helpful.

May I ask what numbers you were getting with this 125HP shot and also how much did your Nitrous setup cost fully installed?

Regards,
Sunrise

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
well, I installed it with a little help from a friend who was more familiar with C5s. I had done several nitrous installs before, but none on a Vette.

Mine was a TNT F2 setup and it made 490+rwhp/570+rwtq. Ran a tire-smoking 11.8 @ 128mph on stock F1s. It actually hooked up ok in 2nd gear from a roll, but it was useless of course in 1st.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts