Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads and perhaps I have missed something, but I am wondering if the Bassani X pipes for the 2002 Z06 do they replace cats? I do NOT want to mess with emission stuff, I am installing shortie headers next week, should I have these installed at the same time? Looking for pro's and con's all help gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the excellent link.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Z06 2002

Let me know how it all goes, you doing the work yourself? You going with the B&B shorty's? The only thing I don't like is that it will be hard to put the exhaust back to stock configurations once you cut the pipes. Guess you could weld them back on.
Finally got my T1 just right after 4 days and 3 installs:(

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fyrcaptain said:
Z06 2002

Let me know how it all goes, you doing the work yourself? You going with the B&B shorty's? The only thing I don't like is that it will be hard to put the exhaust back to stock configurations once you cut the pipes. Guess you could weld them back on.
Finally got my T1 just right after 4 days and 3 installs:(
I am gonna pass on the Bassani pipes and just have the headers done. The technician whom will be doing the installation said the shorties are pretty straight forward with no cutting. Interesting note from this tech, he advised NOT to use the 30 lb injectors, due to emissions problems he has encountered. "Please NOTE" I am NOT the tech! Nor do I pretend to know anything mechanical. :lol: His qualifications sold me, 22 years GM Performance Center. He is putting together a quote on bolt on's he would suggest.

Glad to hear you got the T-1 right! Let's get together and make an installation guide. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts