Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock battery went dead and the car wouldn't even click it was so far gone. Tried to jump start with my suburban and still dead. Swapped batteries with Suburban and started right off.

What battery should I get tomorrow?? Red or Yellow top Optima?? I only have stock equipment with exception of Piaa 1100x Fogs and European lamps with 90/135 watt H-4 bulbs with high wattage wiring harness.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Your stock battery should last you 5 yrs or so. It is covered under warranty also. Is there anything drawing when the car is off? Charging OK?(13.3 to 14.4). Call your dealer. I would.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I thought your battery actually exploded when I first read your thread. :-? :(

Glad it didn't! :)

I had one explode in my 'ol 88 Rustang GT I had back in high school. I happened to be parked in front of a local muffler shop when it happened. And.... the muffler guy just happened to be welding under a car when my battery blew.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can we say.... muffler man needs clean undies? :lol: :D

He thought he'd had it for sure! :lol:

Anyway.... good luck with your battery crisis. :p

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've had the same problem when I let the Z sit for 2 or 3 weeks. But not all the time. All I had to do was throw a trickle charger (From the Corvette Meseum) on it for 10/15 minutes and it fired right up. The battery is probably fine. But something is draining it. I've had the trunk pop and stay open for a couple of days (son plying with the keys in the house), but the Z started right up. Thought for sure I'd have to recharge it. Try to note if a door is slightly open or the glove compartment door is slightly open next time. Drop us a note if you do finds something.

DAve

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Bad battery, bad battery ...

Even if the door is ajar or the trunk is open, the lights will go out after a short period of time, like 30 min or so. You have a bad battery, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Did anyone see the movie Training Day w/ Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawk? I saw this topic and thought about that movie!

"BOOM" :p :p :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts