Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help/opinion - my car has been in storage(winter here in Calgary)went to start it and the battery was down - recharged and off we went for a ride.Has restarted ok since but on occasion get "strange" computer read outs.Is this an indication that the battery should be changed? and if so any recommendations? The car is currently in for service -oil,steering column lock recall and these readout problems - the dealer will obviously want to sell me OE which I don't mind if it's the best solution.Appreciate any thoughts/comments

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should invest in a $20 battery tender before storing your vette next winter. Can't help with whether or not you need a new battery, but if you do purchase one you should switch to the optima redtop. Absorbent glassmat battery that will not leak onto the PCM underneath your battery comparent....which could very well happen with the OEM AC delco batteries.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
How old is the battery??

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
sounds like it is time for a new battery, that is about as long as they last.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You should use a battery tender on your car anytime it's not in use. A battery tender will increase the life of your battery 2 to 3 times over normal. :cheers:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Go with the AC delco 75 6 year battery. 100% maint. free and will not leak. Yes battery or any float type charger while in storage. :guiness:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank to all for your thoughts on the battery - dealer confirmed today that the battery is fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts