Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the decision of the BBB arbitrator on my 2001 Z06 oil burner case & was awarded a buyback or a new 2002 Z06. I want to thank everyone on the forum for their help & support. The arbitrator ruled the failed replacement rings & the repair history would reduce the value of my car & he ruled against GM being allowed to replace the engine. My wife & I are leaning towards the buyback, due to the GM area maanger & the legal department putting us through the hearing & their refusal to do a trade-up after the new rings failed to solve the problem. I won't have to sign a confidentialty agreement with GM, but the hearing arbitrator would not allow any evidence from other Corvette owners to be entered as evidence, because it wasn't directly involved with my case. I will be more than happy to help anyone.
Thanks Again,
Bob New E-Mail Address: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Nice to hear when the " Little Guy" wins over the "Giants". Go with the 2002. If you don't, they've won.......

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out.

Just remember, it wasn't the car's fault. If you enjoyed the car and wish to continue with a Corvette, don't let the legal department get in the way, by getting the buyback, the only one affected is you in that you no longer have a Vette.

Just think, you can now upgrade to an 02 for free, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat no matter how much trouble I went through.

Above all, don't sacrifice your enjoyment because of this bump in the road.

JC

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I can only imagine what you must feel like. You must feel like you have been through the wringer over this whole deal.
Happy to hear you "won" if that is the correct wording, and hope you will give a Z06 another chance.
As far as the '02 goes I am sure you have read and know all about the ring up-grades and other changes on the 2002.
Whatever decision you make, the brothers will support 'ya:)
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Qwik

Way to go hotrod!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Honesty, and truth DOES prevail..........even when it seems it doesn't.....it will........

The wheels of Justice grind slowly, but rest assured they GRIND.
My take, and what I would do..........

Even, if you are tired of the Z scene for NOW, I understand completely why you would be leaning to a buy back.........BUT, I would not, for some of the reasons posted above.

But, the MAIN reason, IS they are SELLING for above sticker.......almost everywhere..........

Take the ride, run an ad..........and make 2-3k over what a dealer is selling them for now( as in cash).......sell it for less than your local market.........but, make some profit.........

You have been, as they say......"Made Whole", in the buy back, or take a new '02............( as far as they are concerned).

Problem with made whole, is it / they FAIL to consider your time...........it is worth big $$$$$$$$$'s...........

Take advantage, buy a new one, drive it straight home, run an add.........pick the toughest color combo to come by........and get NEARLY EVEN.............
After what you have been through, there is no way you will ever be MADE WHOLE............you deserve better..........;)

Congrat's on a real SOB of an experience...........may none of us have to go through what Qwik has just endured.........:cheers:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!! Good for you!! persistance pays off!! Now go pick out your new color:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Go for the buyback and enjoy the new ride! ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not counting out the Z06. I think most of the people who work for GM really care & take pride in doing the best they can, but the area zone manager I dealt with should take a course in customer service! I'm going to wait until 2003 Z06 comes out & then decide on a 2002 or a 2003! I'm going to get something simple to drive until then.
Thanks Again JC & everyone else!
Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts