Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve looked and read many threads and I’ve not found an answer regarding the BCM and RPOs. I have found conflicting information.

Does the BCM service number for a specific model year and model mean anything? Or is it better described as a part number That always requires programming if the RPOs? If I install a BCM which matches the service number of 10304931 from my Z06 should it function correctly after the key relearn process?

I have a BCM with the right service number and that seems to have the correct RPOs as it does not stream any messages across the DIC that are not relevant to a Z06. However the headlights pop up with key on and go down when the key is turned off. The headlight switch on the stalk has no control of the headlights when the key is on.

I’ve not found any reference to the BCM controlling or affecting the headlights. Since it is from a Z06 and appears to have the correct RPOs is something required using a T2 to resolve the headlight concern or is the BCM faulty?

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,824 Posts
Review the RPO for, test for and check settings for : (and if the BCM you have has these options turned on)

Daytime Running Lamps / Automatic Headlamp Control (Optional)

Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) can make it easier for others to see the front of your vehicle during the day.
DRL can be helpful in many different driving conditions, but they can be especially helpful in the short periods after dawn and before sunset.
A light sensor on top of the instrument panel makes the Automatic Headlamp Control (if equipped) work, so be
sure it isn’t covered.
The DRL/Automatic Headlamp Control system will make the front turn signal lamps come on when:
the ignition is on, the headlamp switch is off and the parking brake is released.
When the DRL are on, only the front turn signal lamps will be on. The headlamps, taillamps, sidemarker and
other lamps won’t be on. Your instrument panel won’t be lit up either.

When it’s dark enough outside, the front turn signal lamps will turn off and the headlamps and parking
lamps will turn on.
The other lamps that come on with the headlamps will also come on.
When it’s bright enough outside, the headlamps will go off and the front turn signal lamps will come on.
To idle the vehicle with the DRL off, set the parking brake while the ignition is in OFF or LOCK.

Then start the vehicle. The DRL, headlamps and parking lamps will stay off until you release the parking brake.
The Automatic Headlamp Control feature can be turned on or off except for vehicles first sold in Canada.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to turn this feature on or off (if equipped with the Automatic Headlamp Control feature).
As with any vehicle, you should turn on the regular headlamp system when you need it.

And also

Twilight Sentinel (Option)

Twilight Sentinel provides a period of exterior illumination as you leave the vicinity of the vehicle. The
feature is activated when the headlamps are on due to the optional Automatic Headlamp Control feature
described previously in this section, and when the ignition is turned off. Your headlamps will then remain
on until the headlamp switch is moved from OFF to the parking lamp position or until an illumination period has
elapsed.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to select the desired illumination period.
If you turn off the ignition with the headlamp switch in the parking lamp or headlamp position, the Twilight
Sentinel cycle will not occur.
You can customize the vehicle to activate the Twilight Sentinel when the ignition is turned off under the
conditions listed previously, or you may choose not to activate this feature under any conditions.

See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to customize this feature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that reply. It explains why the headlights are activating. My guess is that thus module was not from a Z06.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,824 Posts
Have you tried via the DIC to options to configure the 2 above functions off ?

Else see if someone with a Tech-II or a dealer can flash the BCM for your year/model

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, as this is a fully gutted and caged track car I would like to stay clear if the dealer. I’m looking for someone in the OC with a Tech II.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. Here’s a follow up for the archives. It appears the BCM had the twilight option (whatever that is—I did not think the Z06 had that) set to ON. A quick switch off and I’m good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts