Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I did a 500 miles road trip to the Gulf of Mexico and now I am finding a light white "crust" on my altinator and other engine metal that was exposed. Is anyone seeing this who is not on the beach or is this from salt air exposure? It seems to rub off fairly well but does anyone know a good spray cleaner suggestion that will hit it for detailing purposes? Water?

'01, Z06, Millenium Yellow (reflective concepts rear "Corvette", electrochromics, BSMs, magnetic oil plug, cargo net, Lexol, and velcro'd accessories), Everyday driver (such a treat to drive Automobile's car of the year!)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me again! The absolute BEST thing you can do if you are gonna be near salt spray/mist is to hit the metal parts under the hood with some WD40. The corrosion will wipe off and won't re-occur. You can hit the battery posts on the older batteries as well... Works like a charm. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hasbro,

What is the saying? If you had a pair of Vice Grips, a can of WD 40, and a roll of duct tape you can fix anything!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts