Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil consumption would you all be willing to tolerate BEFORE a major.......like some of our fellow Z' owners are experiencing.......after viewing the pics, and the UNBELIEVABLE amount of disassembly.......I have a "New", outlook on just how much is too much........:-?
I am thinking a Quart every 1000 miles would be CHEAP compared to the hassle of the "Fix"..........how about you??:roll:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Z06LS6, do you ever drive that Z? Or do you make these posts from inside the car with a wireless setup?? :lol:

So much would seem to depend on how hard you drive the car. Of course I'd never tolerate oil smoke or smell.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My car has used a quart in as little as 400 miles. It neither smokes nor smells. It doesn't drip either.

Seeing those pics really has me concerned about following through on the fix. I think I'll let the next guy worry about it.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian..........

Darn, you guessed my SECRET!!!!!!........
I post all these, with my laptop, and drinking a Double Gulp, while doing Powershift's..........:D
Was a liitle difficult at first.......but, Practice makes purfect.......;)
Well, I just got back in fom a couple of hours of ACTUALLY driving....hehehe.....:roll:
Just turned over 1150...........oil is down approx 1/2 way in between full and min...........
THis has seen some serious high RPM's, and if it doesn't get any worse, I will indeed feel very lucky.......(fingers crossed)........;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts