Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little word to the wise ( leaves me out)..........
Have them take your FRESHLY washed vehicle out into the sunshine, go over the interior ALL of it with a fine tooth comb......
Take it into the body shop are(or one that has subdued lighting at least).....and check the paint finish CLOSELY........
I got mine off the showroom floor.........and I am sorry now I didn't take the time to do a VERY thorough inspect.........
I was so EXCITED about the ZZZZZZZ...........I let my heart rule my head.
No BIG problems, but a couple that will require "In Shop", time, and that means inconvienence.............or a better way.....= MY TIME.
Do this, (IF YOU didn't, or are about to)..............you will probably have QC issue's that would have been avoided in the first place.......
I am talking COSMETICS..........
Anyway........FWIW..........;)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I purchased my Black on Black 02 at night, I cannot say I am sorry I didn't check it in the light because it was the only one they had and I wasn't leaving it behind. There are a few minor cosmetic issues but I sure wouldn't let them paint over them either. I have had my car for 3 weeks or so now, and I can tell you they don't bother me as much as they did the next morning when I discovered them :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
There's a good chance it will be raining when I pick up my car.

And not knowing what lighting will be available at the dealer, I'm taking a handheld quartz light and a small fluorescent with me. Good lighting is essential..

I'm still trying to decide which friend has both the best eyes to help and the least chance of being overwhelmed by Z fever..

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hi, I too bought a Black '02 Z three weeks ago. I have some minor scratches in the clear coat I ordered some Zaino (Z1 Z2 Z5) I hope it removes them. The trouble is, Black is a color that will always drive us all nuts!

Carzzy

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep........

BUT, nothing like a detailed "Triple Black"...............:D
Mine, somehow got "buffed", and there are swirl marks all over it............
I will have to do a major detail, and work my butt off, to get them off.........
Dealer said THEY didn't do it........."must'a cum from da' factry dat way!!!!!!"..:(
Yeah, right......and I got some swamp land in Phoenix............:mad:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I saw a worker at the plant wipe some small spots off the car with a clean rag as it went thru her station.

Carl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts