Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got ass ended by a beautiful orange DuPont Chemical 18 wheeler. Stopped in traffic. BAM!

Absolutley knocked the shit out of me. The terminal crossmember of the frame is bent and the left longitudinal member is tweaked. Pulls to the right and shifting grinds.

Now the funny part, they think I am going to let them cut off the rear end and weld on new parts...

Now the hard part, what color should my new one be? I really liked the red/red. But black is so bad ass... And blue is so cool... And yellow is so....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Good luck!

Glad you're around to gripe about it though. I was rear ended by a F250 4x4 pickup that just idled into the car and it knocked the hell out of me (not in my Z, thank God). I can't imagine what getting hit by an 18 wheeler would be like.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was absolutely amazed that it didn't simply shred the rear end. That C5 is one well engineered piece of gear...

Nope. The only sad part is my car. I am getting a new one and I just have to figure out what color I want...:-?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Glad to hear that your OK! I have Black with Mod/Red, I think it is a stunning combination. I also like the Electron Blue and Red and......

carzzy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry...

The main thing is that you're OK. The car can be fixed (really!) and serve as the perfect opportunity to make a change or two. Factory paint really isn't that bad but it just cannot compare with a really GOOD custom finish. Now's your chance.

As far as color goes, that's purely subjective. It's YOUR car so paint it whatever color turns you on. I only like colors somewhere between the extremes of white and black. :) They're ALL great!

OK, OK, if pushed for a choice of the factory offered colors, Torch Red is always hard to beat but the new Electron Blue is mighty awesome, too.

Glad I read your post. From the subject line, I thought you were asking what color to paint the FRAME! Black is always good. :)

Good luck on the new do!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Agree with Z06Vert... Torch Red is the "hottest" color, in my lowly opinion. On the other hand, that Electronic Blue is dynamite...

Take care,

Dan Farmer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts