Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering... what's are the best 1/4 mi. times you've ever heard of being achieved with a STOCK '01 Zee, on the stock F1's? Is it possible to get low 12's in very favorable track/weather conditions?

I'm just curious because as soon as the temps creep over 70, I'm gonna hit Englishtown or Island, and I wanna benchmark myself against the best times. It's always good to have a goal in sight, and I think knowing the absolute best achievable times will give me some added motivation to excel. ;)
 

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
Joined
·
2,865 Posts
I suck at the strip, but I ran 12.6 @ 110 on a 2.04 60' bone stock.
I still had 32+ in the stock tires and no burnout!
Now you take that for the high side and Ranger for the low and see where you fit!!

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kens06 said:
I suck at the strip, but I ran 12.6 @ 110 on a 2.04 60' bone stock.
I still had 32+ in the stock tires and no burnout!
Now you take that for the high side and Ranger for the low and see where you fit!!

Ken
Hey man, that's a pretty good run for someone that sucks at the strip. ;) I've heard of really bad drivers running 13+.

I couldn't find Ranger's sig - I looked him up in the member's list, and then found some his posts, but there was no sig in the posts... :-? Do you know what his best time is? He has an '01? Judging from some of his posts that I read, it doesn't seem like he's stock though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering... what's are the best 1/4 mi. times you've ever heard of being achieved with a STOCK '01 Zee, on the stock F1's? Is it possible to get low 12's in very favorable track/weather conditions?

I'm just curious because as soon as the temps creep over 70, I'm gonna hit Englishtown or Island, and I wanna benchmark myself against the best times. It's always good to have a goal in sight, and I think knowing the absolute best achievable times will give me some added motivation to excel. ;)

I say 11.90s, the record on bone stock 02-04 is 11.74 and thats with 1.81 60ft, some have done 1.71 60ft with stock tires, so Im pretty sure a record of 11.6x could be managed, so take away 20hp and 11.90s could be a record but with ALOT alot of passes, but if you get 12.5 on your 01 I would more then happy, as thats enough to surprise those with more expensive and more powerful cars. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Hey man, that's a pretty good run for someone that sucks at the strip. ;) I've heard of really bad drivers running 13+.

I couldn't find Ranger's sig - I looked him up in the member's list, and then found some his posts, but there was no sig in the posts... :-? Do you know what his best time is? He has an '01? Judging from some of his posts that I read, it doesn't seem like he's stock though...
some people only seen z06s go 13s, which makes it good for me for them to talk smack and then I smack them with an 11 second run...

I believe ranger as an 02 model but by his personilized tags it says something about a 01! maybe he had an 01 and traded for an 02 and then transfered his tags to the 02, not sure, could be other reasons but most likely none of my business, but I did notice that :p ...

he did run stock, by what I heard he held the record of 11.78 with his 02, I believe that was broken with a 11.74, but the most impressive about 'Ranger' is that he has ran his car 11.55 with just stickier tires and CAI system, Now thats badass :yeadog: , I took advise from "Ranger" when I first meet him last year, If he was to ask me advise I say brake another record, the bolt on record is 11.37s, I say put on full exhaust, switch to a vararam, get the stickiest tires and skinnies up front with a better clutch and a costume tune and I think very VERY low 11s is possible for an otherwise stock Z06 :coo:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top