Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,new here! I'm wondering which airbox/filter has dynoed to make the most gain on a stock zo6?I'm looking to move from my 99 ws6 formula UP to an 01/02 zo6!Can the 20hp diff. from the 01 to the 02 be made up with an aftermarket air box?or close?I'm sorry if this has been addressed before but couldn't find it!Thanks-Dominic

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Wlecome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

The short answer is no. You can make up at least half of it by eliminating the pup cats that the 01's have and by adding better air filter such as a Vararam.

·
10,998 Posts
VETTEST said:
What are people replacing the pup cats with?

Thanks,

G
I replaced the whole mess on my '01 by putting in the LG long tube headers and used the Random Tech high flow cats. This and the BPP Vortec ram air cold air intake and put me slightly ahead of a stock 2002 in hp & tq.

·
Registered
244 Posts
panzer said:
I replaced the whole mess on my '01 by putting in the LG long tube headers and used the Random Tech high flow cats. This and the BPP Vortec ram air cold air intake and put me slightly ahead of a stock 2002 in hp & tq.
Does that include a tune, or just headers, cats and intake?

That's kind of a lot of money to play catchup especially when my car feels no slower that than an 02 or later car. I swapped cars with a buddy who has an 03, and I felt no difference... :ity:
Who knows. But thanks for answering!

G

·
10,998 Posts
It it included a tune by Antivenom but no dyno time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
IT L GO said:
Wlecome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

The short answer is no. You can make up at least half of it by eliminating the pup cats that the 01's have and by adding better air filter such as a Vararam.
What he ^ said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts