Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Coupe and want to upgrade from the stock exhaust.

My main goals (in order of importance to me) are:
Looks. My stock exhaust looks terrible.
Sound quality. I do not want too loud and would like as little resonance as possible.
Price. I am on a limited budget.
Performance. I would like to gain a little power too.

A lot to ask? I miss the power and sound of my old Z, but I am not in the position yet to get another one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I have GHL 2-tip Magnums on my Z. They sound great, do not resonate and come fully polished for great looks. Check out some of our supporting vendors for pricing, I think you should be able to get a set for under $600. Just my 2 pennies.

Jim :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Second what Jim has to say, GHL's here also. :thumb:

Jack

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Z06 catback.

Advantages:
Makes same horsepower as 99% of all catbacks
Lose more weight with it becuase its Titanuim
Affordable at 400 dollars tops.
Sounds very tame but very different
no resonance

Disadvantgaes:
could be too quiet
the tips are not going to be as good as the aftermarket systems

That is what i used. In the future if you add long tube headers i bet you will have one of the nicest exhast setups without being too loud.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to Xtreme Motorsports web site, but they do not list the GHL?
As far as the Z06 exhaust, is that $400 price ordering from GM?

Thanks for the reponses everyone :jammin:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<lapd

·
Registered
722 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
Z06 catback.

Advantages:
Makes same horsepower as 99% of all catbacks
Lose more weight with it becuase its Titanuim
Affordable at 400 dollars tops.
Sounds very tame but very different
no resonance

Disadvantgaes:
could be too quiet
the tips are not going to be as good as the aftermarket systems

That is what i used. In the future if you add long tube headers i bet you will have one of the nicest exhast setups without being too loud.
I agree. You should be able to get one in excellent condition for $400-$450. If these were aftermarket they'd be priced at $1000. Comparable power gain to other catbacks but with no resonance and great looks. I'm keeping mine on when I install my LTs, if they ever show up! :jammin:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Z06 titanium exhaust!

I had this on my coupe before switching to B&B Bullets.

Nice low grumble, great sound under acceleration, light-weight, and NO resonance. While in the car, the only time I could hear it was under WOT. At stop lights I had to turn off the radio and listen hard to hear it.

Where in Jacksonville are you? You could take a listen to my car and see if you like the bullets. They are very loud, but so far I find them completely tolerable. And they look bad @$$! I got mine for $560 shipped, and they're only 3 lbs. heavier than the Zo6 system.

I also still have the Z06 titanium exhaust if you decide to go that route. I'd gladly let them go for $350 instead of $400-$450, to avoid the hassle of e-bay and shipping.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06 Titanium exhaust, best bang for the buck. 350.00 to 400.00 used. :cheers:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really never thought about a stock Z06 exhaust. I am still in denial that I only have a coupe instead of my old Z :D I should get an HP increase from the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice offer of $350! Most aftermarket pipes will run you from $600 to $900 and virtually no performance gain over the stock TI. But they all will be much louder -- some a lot louder. :D

The stock TI will give you the look, and a mild tone except when you get on it. With long tube headers, they really open up with a nice sound. :yeadog:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts