Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you don't think the G-Tech meter is accurate.
It may not be, but I think as long as your tests are consistent, it will give consistent measurements. Once you've got that base time to work from, you can start perfecting your launch.

Please post your best time.
Try to include:road cond, temp, launch technique,year of car & mods.

I tried this on two seperate occasions with about four runs each time. My car is completely stock. Both times the "tests"were performed on the same stretch of asphalt. It was approx. 50 degrees. I launched @ 2000 RPM with a gentle clutch slip and moderate tire spin. Once the tires got traction I applied WOT. I revved to 6400 RPM and shifted hard & quick into 2nd. A little tire spin when I hit 2nd gear.
My best time so far is 4.63
I've seen some of you post low 4 second times. I'm just curious how you're doing it.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
528 Posts
My G-Tech showed about .5 sec off in the 1/4 mile time. Look at my timeslips by clicking on the the link below or if you have trouble, go to the Performance and Data forum and look under my screen name.
www.z06vette.com/images/public/etimeslips[1].jpg

My best 0-60 time was 4.63 secs. I haven't had a chance to play around with it lately. This is probably a good time. The 4.63 I got was in the summer.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
This also sounds like a good filler event for the Z06Fest, a 0-60 challange with or without Gtec's.................................................
Oh boy, someone call Ernie and tell him to bring a box of halfshafts :)

JC

·
Registered
176 Posts
Best 0-60 time with my G-Tech was 4.38. Sadly, I can't remember what the temperature or humidity was, It was in August when I got the meter. Car was bone stock at the time. I'll post new results come spring with my GMS ram air I am going to try and install today. Can't wait for April!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Roger Ramjet said:

For Standard Day conditions Quarter Jr says that would be:
2.12 sec 60'
4.31 sec 0-60 mph
12.72 sec 1/4 mile @ 110 mph
actually it was a 2.08 60 and a 12.5 @115

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's the real deal on 0..60 Mph???

Am I missing something in your notes on performance? Chevy states that the stock Z06 does 0..60 MPh in 3.9 sec. Car and Driver magazine says that Chevy is full of it and that it is more like 4.3 sec.

The stock coupe claims 4.9 (I think) for its 0..60.

What is the real answer on the stock Z06? Can it get 0..60 mph in 3.9 or not?

G

·
With practice I know you guys could pull off 3.9 second 0 to 60mph..or 4.0's..or 4.2's whatever..

Its just a question of practice..(finding the sweet spot! between spin and win! )

The beauty of the speed of your cars is the roll on performance in any gear..at almost any speed..

Thats really the place the zo6 shines..its acceleration out of the corners..or from any speed....

The handling..the braking..the total balance of the package.

Enjoy that fantastic ride!

This is just my opinion..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: What's the real deal on 0..60 Mph???

z06n39 said:
Am I missing something in your notes on performance? Chevy states that the stock Z06 does 0..60 MPh in 3.9 sec. Car and Driver magazine says that Chevy is full of it and that it is more like 4.3 sec.

The stock coupe claims 4.9 (I think) for its 0..60.

What is the real answer on the stock Z06? Can it get 0..60 mph in 3.9 or not?
Thay can!! And I think I have.
60'+1.773
330'=5.040
1/8=7.718 MPH 92.11
1000'=10.028
1/4=11.985 MPH 115.26
Maybe Roger can tell what the 0-60 was. A forum member that did it manualy said 3.8x Ric

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
RRamjet

Rog, can you're tool tell us WHAT is the magic ET, for the 0-60 @ 3.9 secs........
Several of our Esteemed members have been in the 12.1x's, 12.3's.......I figure they would qualify also.....can do run a few scenarios with these #'s??.

Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
This look likr the Cforum now. Is everybody coming here now?:roll: :D

They have video games for this too now, you don't have put the stress on your car.:lol:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
A friend of mine let me borrow his G-tech. What weight did you guys put for the 01 Z06? Is it 3180 with a full tank of gas + the driver? Any other tips for setting it up?

G

·
The gtech has been very accurate in acceleration times..on the other hand the horsepower computations using the vehicle weight are somewhat worthless..

I ran my gtech at the same time I ran at the 1/4 mile track at englishtown...the g tech is extremely accurate being .11 seconds slow and 3.8 to 4 mph fast in trap speed every time.

The key to getting accurate information is centering and leveling the device and making sure the place you are testing is level.

The nicest part of doing 0 to 60mph runs is its relatively safe and legal in most properly chosen and deserted areas..

Have fun with it..don't worry..about the times but imho use the device to learn the sweet spot for your launches..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts