Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 13k miles on the car and need to start looking for replacement rear tires. The F1 SC tires have been lasting 6-7k (this will be my third set:eek: ).
Sure, it probably is my driving style and the many trips to road courses and auto-x, but I was hoping for better wear and still have great handling dry traction.
Anyone have any experience with pilot sports, g-force kd, or S-02?

I'm really more interested in the handling than wear factor and am just not sure of these SC tires.

Thanks.

Pete

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have tried huge Pilots on my Camaro (nitrous car) and they hold up much better than the Supercars, but their grip is not as prodigious. They also seemed a hair better in the rain. I just ordered some more Supercars. I would suggest buying a true track tire for your sporting events and leaving the Supercars for street driving.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
TOYO PROXES T 1's

Awesome tires!!!!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot about the Toyo's but have heard good things about them too.
Racerx - I have thought about getting track/race tires. The problem is that it would require another set of wheels, a place to store them, and probably a trailer. Unfortunately I just don't have much room right now. That leaves me with a sticky street tire. I wish the kumo's came in the Z06 rear size
:(

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The Speedvision series cars ran the Toyo's

They are also VERY quiet, and an excellent wet tire.

·
Registered
221 Posts
S02's S03's A032's

The S02's and S03's offer great dry traction and very good wet traction. The S02's on my car will last about 12-20k miles for the rears. The front tires will last almost twice as long. The S03's (the next generation S02 Pole Position's) will last almost twice as long, but don't give you quite the dry traction (though it is very close). The wet traction of the S03's though is the best of any high performance tire. Bridgestone is known for their wet traction racing tires.

The Yokahoma A032's are completely street legal, but a dry tire only. They offer about 15% more traction then any regular dry traction tire (15% better then S02's, S03's, F1 SC tire, Pilot's etc.). This is link to them:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/yokohama/yo_a032r.jsp
They are gonna last about the same as the S02's. If you are only getting 6-7k out of your F1 tires, then I wouldn't think you would get that many more miles out of these tires. I may be buying a set of them myself, so I can let you know what I think.

I have S02's all around on my car right now. They are the best dry performance tires that Bridgestone offers as this time...and I love them. Tons of tire reviews here from nsx guys
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tirereviews.htm

Bridgestone's S0X series are expensive tires....so that is something to consider. The Proxies or Yokohama AVS intermediate seem a lot cheaper for almost as good of a tire.

Lots of reviews at www.tirerack.com
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirebran.htm

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Goodyear ZR-S. These are "S" compound treads derived from F1 racing rain tire tread. Excellent traction wet or dry.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, lots of good suggestions. I might try something different after these wear out. Thanks guys.

Also, anyone have any opinions about cheater slicks? I saw some fairly good times last night from people using M/T E/T Streets. Should I just get a true slick? If so, which ones?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
The NCCC national C5 street tire champion for both low and high speed autox ran the Goodyear Eagle SCs. He ran Goodrich G-forces the year before and said the SCs were superior. Pretty good endorsement.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
tires

I would go with either the Yokohama AVS sports or the Potenza S03s.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: tires

vetdrms said:
I would go with either the Yokohama AVS sports or the Potenza S03s.

Those Potenza's "potenz" to be real tires! :lol: :eek: :D

Toyo all the way!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with the Pilots or the S03's I have used both on my BMW's. Both are excellent. I think the S03's were a little better in harsh driving but the Pilots were very good and I liked the look of them better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts