Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Actually, DRMs are the best. OK so I'm biased, but check out the hp gain from their website. My car was the mule for the dyno runs and the gains 19 rwhp and 19 rwt were legit. Fit and finish is top quality. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On 2001-07-30 23:07, Rippied.Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Actually, DRMs are the best. OK so I'm biased, but check out the hp gain from their website. My car was the mule for the dyno runs and the gains 19 rwhp and 19 rwt were legit. Fit and finish is top quality. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks a lot rippied /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I will have to check those out! Are they affordable? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am very happy with the TPIS header on my convertible and have a set for the Z06 when I get it, great fit and performance. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
RippiedZ06, very interested in your reply since Doug did a lot of work on my C4s. He is a real down to earth "what you see is what you get" guy.

I think I will give him a call - I'm wondering if he is working on any headers which might be port matched to the LS-6.

Inquiring minds want to know...

·
Registered
384 Posts
What is the difference in price between the TTS & TPIS systems? How much can I expect to be charged for the install?

Also, I want to dump the stock exhaust and go with the Borla XR-1 straight pipes.

I also want to gut the cats. Is this legal? What specifically can I do to the cats and remain legal?

So, in a nutshell, I want to go with long tube headers, gutted cats and a Borla XR-1 system. Installed, what do you think my bottom line will be?

Anyone know a good shop in Jacksonville? My last two exhaust jobs were done by hacks. Midas lifted my Z28 wrong and had to pay for new fenders. The Chevy dealer that put the Borla on my C5 never got the pipes alligned right etc.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Talked to Vaughn at DRM yesterday re their headers. He told me that they were designed by DRM and that to the best of his knowledge, Doug had no intention of offering a set that would be perfectly port matched to the "D" ports of the LS-6. He told me that it was DRM's opinion that this would only provide a minimal gain.

I plan to discuss this further with Doug, at Carlisle on 8/25...

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I think Vaughn gave you the correct info. DRM headers work great on the LS6. He really knows these cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts