Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking for a mufflers(not the whole exhaust) that will sound really mean at WOT but not too load cause I'm removing the cats( will increase DB's already), I'm keeping the stock titanium pipes for now.

But I also would like less restriction(increased performance) and not any that weight much more...

:usa:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Tough call, because we don't know how loud is too loud for you. How much louder than stock do you want it? As for increased performance, you're not going to get much with an aftermarket catback system. You'll pick up most of your hp gains from the hi-flow cats, not the aftermarket mufflers. The stock mufflers already flow very well, so the only real reason to change them for an aftermarket systems is for looks and/or sound.

Also, you won't be retaining the titanium pipes with an aftermarket muffler system - they all come with their own pipes that bolt up to the back of the H-pipe, since the mufflers are different sizes, shapes, etc. Besides, you don't want to be cutting titanium.

·
10,998 Posts
This question comes up about every two months and the majority will tell you the answer is Borla Stingers. However you need to go to a car show with alot of corvettes so you can hear various types with your own ears and choose what you like. You need to attend our upcoming Z06fest and hear and see all the exhaust systems you could want. :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
B&B PRTs
or
GHL Magnums

I recommend you hear a system in person first - before you decide.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z06ified said:
Also, you won't be retaining the titanium pipes with an aftermarket muffler system - they all come with their own pipes that bolt up to the back of the H-pipe, since the mufflers are different sizes, shapes, etc. Besides, you don't want to be cutting titanium.
Are you saying that on a stock Z, the only titanium part of the exhaust is after the H pipe??

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
VAI said:
Are you saying that on a stock Z, the only titanium part of the exhaust is after the H pipe??
:yeadog:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
VAI said:

This section is more commonly known as the "catback".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Buy any after market system that only has a resonator, no mufflers. You will let them know you are here. I have a corsa titanium competition sys and it really kicks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
POWERTOWEIGHT said:
Buy any after market system that only has a resonator, no mufflers. You will let them know you are here. I have a corsa titanium competition sys and it really kicks.
please explain more, you got my attention!!!!!

:jammin:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have flowmaster 1 chambers, pretty freaking loud and very aggressive sounding yet I can talk on a cell phone while driving with a partition. If you stand behind the car and have someone give it some gas expect some ear pain.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nothing is a better statement than go to a car show and listen in person. They don't sound the same on the internet, especially when someone has a clip of the car sitting in their garage. The only thing I can tell you is the B&B bullets are loud, and I MEAN loud! :yeadog:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts