Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to move to the T1 Suspension with the Sachs Shocks. I'm wondering where the best place is to buy from. Can I get it cheaper than from GM?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You can try GM aftermarket jobbers & discount dealers and online GM parts distributors such as

Pace Performance
GM Parts Direct
Scoggin-Dickey Chevrolet

However, some things you should know before you purchase a complete T1 kit:

1. The T1 kit was engineered to upgrade a C5 Corvette for road course competition....ie it may have limited value in upgrading a Z06
2. The T1 kit allowance in SCCA Touring Class is used as a LIMITING specification...ie. "You can do this but no more." Therefore if you are NOT going to go T1 racing you can do much better in upgrading the suspension.
3. T1 springs and shocks will actually raise the ride height and needs a higher ride height to work efficiently....counter productive.
4. T1 Springs and T1 shocks are engineered to only work together. They can not be used seperately or in combination with any other shock or spring.
5. T1 componants will void the suspension warranty and the parts themselves are not warranted. Some dealers will void the while car waranty if they install or find T1 componants on your car....and it says so in the Chevy Performance Catalogue.
6. However the T1 sway bars and endlinks can be used in other than Touring Class racing and are effective. Still their are other sway bars which are better.,...namely the Pfadt products.
7. The T1 Camber keys are junk.
8. The T1 Tranny Cooler kit is adequate but aftermarket kits are better and more reliable.
9 A second T1 Tranny Cooler kit can be used to cool the Diff.

Again, if you are NOT going to go SCCA Touring class racing then my recommendations are; to the extent of the rules you are going to compete by:

1. Lower using
- Hardbar Titanium rear spring perch bolts
- Hardbar SS front spring perch bolts with Delrin Bushings
2. VB&P Extreme springs
3. VB&P Polygraphite A-Arm bushings
4. Penske DA Adjustable shocks from Mallett Cars with remote reservoirs and correct -AN connectors
5. Pfadt "Pfatty" Adjustable swaybars
6. Pfadt Delrin sway bar mounts
7. Pfadt Teflon lined Adjustable end links
8. Baer Tracker Pin Adjustable Heim jointed Tie Rod ends
9. Competition alignment
10. Hardbar Camber locks
11. Dedicated race wheels (CCW or Kodiak)
12. Hoosier R6 or A6 race tires

If you want or need the ultimate then you can delete the VB&P springs and install Hardbar dual-rate coil over springs on the Penske DA's as they are already threaded.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gene Culley gmpartsdirect is usually one of the cheapest, can also shop for used

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe Gene Culley is part of Cultrag performance. going thru old links to while away covid time bring new guys up to speed on good vendors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts