Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in ordering GHL magnum series system for my 2003 Z. If anyone has any leads on a source for the best price on this unit, I would greatly appreciate you sending me an e-mail / pm.

Thanks a lot!

Ben

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I may be interested also. Send me a PM when you get your prices. :ity:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The GHL's rock.I have them(Bullets) on my car and with the headers they sound insane...GHL's will probably go on my upcoming C6 Z06.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you heard the magnum system? How does it compare with your bullets? Is there a big reduction in the sound from magnums to bullets?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wits-Z said:
Have you heard the magnum system? How does it compare with your bullets? Is there a big reduction in the sound from magnums to bullets?

No I have not heard the Mags but I hear hey are a tad louder then the Bullets.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wits-Z said:

Try this site they have audio on a few different systems http://thx2.net/exhaust.htm
Bob
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
You might try calling Nate at Corvette Garage and Shawn at LAPD, they both carry the GHL Magnums and will probably work with you on the price. Materials have increased quite a bit in the past 6 months or so, so if you can find a set of 2 tip
Magnums for $550 new, that would be a great deal!
As far as the sound, THEY ROCK! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Magnums are the way to go from the bullets if you want a little more of a muscle car sound. Check with the vendors Jim ^^^ mentioned, they will hook you up. You will not be sorry on the Magnums, they sound and look awesome. :yeadog:

Jack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am definitely going with the GHL.. Only question now is whether its the magnum or the bullets. How big a difference is there between the bullets and magnum systems? Is the bullets system a lot louder than stock? I definitely want to make sure I'm going to notice and appreciate a significant change with the upgrade.

Thanks a lot in advance. I sure wish I would have the time to make it to a get together and meet some people and hear the exhausts, but with my practice growing quickly right now, and a 22 month old who I want to spend any "free" time, I am going to have to go with research and recommendations. Anyway, thanks again!! :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Put me on the list too! :coo:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Wits-Z said:
I am definitely going with the GHL.. Only question now is whether its the magnum or the bullets. How big a difference is there between the bullets and magnum systems? Is the bullets system a lot louder than stock? I definitely want to make sure I'm going to notice and appreciate a significant change with the upgrade.
The Bullets have 6" cans and the Magnums have 5" cans. The smaller cans on the Magnums give them a throatier sound without any resonance. Absolutey love my Magnums, sound, quality and fit. :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
What Jack said above. ^^^^^^^^
Get the Magnums, I think the smaller cans look better, and I KNOW they sound better, especially with LT headers.
If you want I can send you some sound clips of mine with the headers before and after cam install, and a track video where you can really hear it roar. Just send me your email addy and I'll zip 'em over to you. :cheers:

Jimbo

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot for the responses. Jim, I would definitely look forward to hearing any clips you have. e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The Magnums sound great...I was discouraged at the price tho..the best I could do was $930...am still holding out and shopping....leaning towards stingers :z:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
The Magnums sound great...I was discouraged at the price tho..the best I could do was $930...am still holding out and shopping....leaning towards stingers :z:
Once you see that the full system is polished and the quality bead welding, you can see why they cost more. Plus the price of raw materials have gone thru the roof with the price of oil. Why not try and get 8-10 members together and set up a GP. I did this last year, and it dropped the price quite a bit. Worth a shot, sounds like a lot of interest from this thread.

Jack

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
gsjack said:
Once you see that the full system is polished and the quality bead welding, you can see why they cost more. Plus the price of raw materials have gone thru the roof with the price of oil. Why not try and get 8-10 members together and set up a GP. I did this last year, and it dropped the price quite a bit. Worth a shot, sounds like a lot of interest from this thread.

Jack
Jack I have no argument with the product quality but it's hard for me to justify another $200+ for something that is mostly under the car and more heard than seen. I can the $$ for HID headlamps/bra and other little things that one needs for his "baby" :) Go Ahead...make my day and tempt me with $750.00 GHL's...I ll be all over it ! :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got my GHL Magnums from GHL directly. Didn't see any specials out there whatsover. I'd take these any day over Stingers for several reasons. My dad has a C5 with the stingers so i can compare. The tips on the Magums are just beautiful, they don't stick out like the Stingers do. They are somewhat flush to the rear facia just like the stock ZO6 exhaust, which I like. Second of all, the sound. Stingers and the Magums do sound similar, but the Borla still has that distinctive Borla sound just like all other Borla's. The GHL just sounds very nice rumbly! Of course the fit and finish on both is very nice, yes the GHL's are fullly polished and do look purty, but thats all in what you want for looks underneath the car. If thats your thing fine, if not at least you know its got some bling underneath :) I will say this, I am very glad I dropped the extra cash on the GHL's over the Stingers. They were very well worth it to me, and I get tons of compliments on them as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts