Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
21,378 Posts
Anyone have a link for one of these? I've just recently been getting spooked by lying underneath the car on jack stands! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I've got one that I bought several years ago and have one word of advice. Get it already powdercoated. Thought I'd save a few bucks and paint it myself. It was raining the day it was delivered and the damn thing was rusting before we got it off the truck.
I recently added 4 casters to the bottom of each side to make it easier to move around when disassembled. It's 1 man operation now and I consider it one of my best buys.

·
21,378 Posts
itsaz said:
I've got one that I bought several years ago and have one word of advice. Get it already powdercoated. Thought I'd save a few bucks and paint it myself. It was raining the day it was delivered and the damn thing was rusting before we got it off the truck.
I recently added 4 casters to the bottom of each side to make it easier to move around when disassembled. It's 1 man operation now and I consider it one of my best buys.
So do you put this together when you want to use it or does it stay together all the time? I would just want to put it up and leave it up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My neighbor has one..You just leave it up.He parks his vette on it in the garage.I have used his and it is so easy compared to jacking and stands..I am considering buying one so I also don't have to hassle with stands..
Especially great when you have to pull the wheels..
I would jump in a group purchase.....

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
jub jub said:
So do you put this together when you want to use it or does it stay together all the time? I would just want to put it up and leave it up.

Yeah John, you just leave it up. You can park the car on top of it when you're not using it. :cheers:

Here's my buddy's Z16 parked on top of my Kwiklift. :)

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
I just shot them a note with a link to this thread and asked for some discounts on a group purchase.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but how would this help if you have to take a wheel off? I will be building a new garage later this year and want to put in a lift of some type, but the majority of things I will be doing will require removing the wheels. Bleeding brakes, changing pads, changing wheels, etc.

thanks,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
There's a cross-bar that hangs between the tracks, specifically to support a jack for lifting. Need a piece of wood with a metal plate to sit on the jack screw and spread the weight cross the lift point. But there's only one as part of the lift assembly. I haven't lifted mine while up on lift, but if I did, I would probably use a regular floor jack with a 4x4 and 2x6 to extend my reach, 'cause the car sits about 16" high on the lift.
Alternatively, just leave the lift flat and slide a regular jack under and lift.
I have mine flat, but on 2x4's under the tracks (so that the front stand pivot pin mount doesn't dig into the garage floor), and then, because the flat ramp sits about 5" above the floor) have 2x10 ramps (with aluminum end clips as used on ramps for pickup loading of mowers, cycles, etc) to get car up on flat ramps. Gives me enough room under to change oil, check things, etc.:idea:
FWIW.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts