Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a H/C package in an effort to keep up with the new Z's and modded Cobra's. It seems like there are alot of vendors out there, but who is the best with the best prices? I'm leaning towards the AFR heads, and let the vendor help me choose a compatible cam. This is for parts only and not the install.

Any suggestions? I currently have TPIS LT's and a PRT catback but I'm in need of a midpipe. Would an offride x be a big benefit? If so what would be a good one with the above exhaust?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Andy at A and A Corvettes, nice guy good info, can call him ANYTIME even at 10pm on a Thursday night (sorry Andy). I called 5 different places Andy had the best prices and best customer service.

PM me for his number or look to the left of your screen

·
Registered
609 Posts
Call LG Motorsports

Darkside:

Call LG's for heads and cam packages.

He has an emissions cam (G5X1-E) that will pass Texas emissions and give you 450rwhp/430rwtq ! Thats 530hp crank/505 crank tq and still pass emissions ! This is one of his small cams ! :jawdrop:

He is having a special on H/C packages:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1136220&forum_id=1

Give LG a call. He can fill you in with the details. :jammin:

Z49

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Darkside:
You can't go wrong with the above names mentioned :thumb:

I will also throw another name in Cartek, I was looking at there site and they produce some very fast vette's :thumb:

decisions, decisions :crazy:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not sure those names are the cheapest...but probably some of the best.

Are you wanting the parts to install yourself or wanting to have the tuner do the install? Sounds like you want parts only...in that case I'd say the big names above are not the best buy. A&A did seems to be cheapest of thoe 3 when I called around.

Cheap I think of Texas Speed, SDPC, TByrne, TTP, but I'm sure the big names price match, and AFR's are pretty price-fixed.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Check my SIG. I got great numbers with LGs package. But again, all vendors mentioned are good. I spoke with Andy as well, numerous times and he was very helpful. I just happened to be on the East Coast when everything went sour. Lou hooke dme up at LG. Speak with him and ask about my car. Each vendor will have a variance on pricing, but to save a few bucks, will that equal out in the end if you have to drive you car there (gas money) or ship it? So, take your time and do your homework. Ask questions and don't "assume" a head/cam package comes with "all the extras". Get a detailed list of what comes with the "Out the door" pricing. I was not aware of the little things like: Milling the heads, Head Bolts, Head gaskets, Injectors, Timing Chain, Oils, Coolant, etc....All of that adds up VERY quickly. So, ask for what it exactly includes and don't assume.....Its better to know up front what your budget can or can not handle. I like my set up.......

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not sure you'll get anyone to answer the question you're asking, but I would also like to know the best place for prices..not who everyone's 'favorite' tuner is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts