Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am in the market for a new stereo for my 99 Coupe. Would love to have an in-dash CD changer. Does anyone have a good aftermarket stereo they can recommend? I need to stay under $600.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you just looking to replace the radio up front or speakers as well? For a head unit I would recommend Alpine I have owned 5 different Alpine head units in the last 3 years and probably 10 different head units from other manufacturers and I always found the Alpine's delivered the best sound and easy of use without being gaudy. Unfortunately I don’t believe anyone offers aftermarket in-dash CD changers too many had issues with jamming up so most manufacturers have abandoned them plus with the popularity if MP3s and hard drives in cars the CD charger is almost a thing of the past. I would say first you should find a local shop to go over your needs and wants for your stereo. I believe in your area they have stores called Sound Advice, I used to work for the parent company of them and they have some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking for a new head unit. I really wanted the in-dash CD changer though. My wife has had one in her car for almost two years and it's worked great. I was going to check out the local shops, but wanted to find out if anyone had any recommendations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts