Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a few track days and was wondering if some of you track lords out there have a preference or recomendation for a roll bar. I would really like to invest in a full cage but it is still a street car so that is out. What would be the best way to go? I I have seen RD website and that one looks decent and a good price.
Any suggestions would be great as i am needing one really soon.

I installed a rollbar for my wife in her Miata and it is from Hard dog.
Nice piece and would like something similar.

Thanks,

Derek

·
Registered
656 Posts
Apex,

Depending on how far you want to travel and how much cutting you are willing to have done, you might want to consider Phoenix Auto Center. They can install the rear half of one of their T1 roll cages (later you can add the front half if desired). This is what I had done. You can see a couple of pictures here:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70665&

The Phoenix set up is welded in place and does require some trimming of panels. They make their own stuff and it is custom fit to your car. I don't know if they make pre-fabed kits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks alot for the replies as I will be checking into both of these .I really like the idea of the Phoenix especially if they make a prefab kit.

Thanks,

Derek

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thank you all for your replies and would love to hear more about the installs and fit and finish.

If I still lived in tx. I would just take it to LG's.

Leaning toward the Rd but for the money, I could spend a little more and get a custom SCCA legal one. Decisions.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I installed a Kirk racing roll bar myself in my Z. I race w to w in a series that does not require a full cage. I did add a custom door bar. You can make the Kirk roll bar into a full cage later (they sell a kit) so it gives you flexibility that way. It fits very tight to the roof. Other bars I've seen appear to be further away from the roof....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts