Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of cleaning my front wheels, time for some (nearly) dustless pads.

Anyone know the best vendor to get them from, and what part number I'm looking for?

Are the Z06 pads different from the C5 pads? Pegasus and others have C5 listed, but no one lists Z06 that I've seen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows anything about Hawk brake pads for the Z06?

I checked all the forum vendors, and only one has Hawk brake pads, and does not specify HPS compound or Z06. Just Hawk "street".

I'd think people would be interested in a pad which didn't turn the front wheels black 6 or 7 stops after washing. Maybe not.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There is a pad the Viper guys use, Green something or something Green (pardon for not knowing, maybe Stormin Normin can chime in). Don't know if it is dustless, but when I was Viper crazy that was THE pad.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
jimlab said:
I'm tired of cleaning my front wheels, time for some (nearly) dustless pads.

Anyone know the best vendor to get them from, and what part number I'm looking for?

Are the Z06 pads different from the C5 pads? Pegasus and others have C5 listed, but no one lists Z06 that I've seen.

Thanks!
Hawk pads will not be dustless. I have a set of street/track pads recommended by some folks who have the authoritative info on on pads but haven't used them yet... but as I said, Hawk will not make you happy if it's less wheel cleaning you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts