Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best cam that would work with comp cams 915 springs? Looking to make 400 whp with long tube headers x pipe high flow cats borla cat back ported heads and haltech intake + tune. Need a good sleeper cam that has no piston to valve issues and will be able to be driven to the tuner. Thanks all

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
roadrash9r said:
What is the best cam that would work with comp cams 915 springs? Looking to make 400 whp with long tube headers x pipe high flow cats borla cat back ported heads and haltech intake + tune. Need a good sleeper cam that has no piston to valve issues and will be able to be driven to the tuner. Thanks all
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75070

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
this link is to a closed thread that says to post this kinda of thing in Pit Road, But I thought this was pit Road :eek:o:
I moved it from Power Adders, I put the link there so he knows why it was moved. :coo:

·
Registered
687 Posts
roadrash9r said:

With your stock heads we have 5 good cams that will not have any valve to piston issues.

The most common is our G5X-3 cam which combined with our LG Headers and a good air filter has seen over 430 rwhp time and time again.

East Coast Supercharging has the record I think at 434rwhp and 410 rwtq

Give me a call at LG Motorsports and I will work a deal with you.

Plus we are heading to Florida next week to the St Petersburg GP, so if you want us to deliver it to the races we can do that and save you shipping and tax.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
:)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
roadrash9r said:
I am running a custom grind 244/248/114 LSA cam in a 427 C5R motor. It has a reasonable, streetable, lope and makes plenty of grunt at the rear wheels. This is a fairly mild cam spec for this aplication. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. I am leaning twards the comp cam high lift 275 looks like it will make good power with the tpis headers x pipe and borlas. Heads will be ported to. Problem with going much bigger is I have comp cam 269-15 springs. They are suppose to be good to .600 but I would want to go to a dual spring if I went with anything bigger. Unless someone can tell me they are running this spring with a big cam.

·
Registered
185 Posts
None of these cams are "Sleeper" cams that you were seeking in your original post. I would look at the LPE GT2-3, Thunder Racing Old Man Cam or the MIT Stealth II. With the exception of the LPE GT2-3, not sure the Comps 915's are up to task for the others due to ramp rates.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
miami993c297 said:
Hi again vettenuts
yes after long discussion with a lot of competent dealer here around, Jason @ TSP was right on the target and he ordered this grind as a "special order" .
Last tuning gives :
RWHP 413.14
RWTQ 388.40

I can just say that it's just what I needed :

COMP CAM Grid #LS1 3722R/3720R HR16
Valve timming :
Open INT: 2- BTDC , Close INT: 46 ABDC
Open EXH: 48 BBDC , Close EXH: 8- ATDC
these specs are for cam installed @ 114 ICL
224/220, .581/.581 @ 116 lsa

CALL JASON @ TSP
Christian
You can also get this camshaft @ Motorsport Technologies (MTI), who originally designed this camshaft. The only difference being MTI's comes with a 116icl, where TSP's has 2* advance ground in.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yep he is right.

Yours:
116lsa + 2 = 114icl

MTI version:
116 + 0 = 116icl

Same lobes, but different valve events from the 2* advance that was ground into your camshaft. You could install yours w/ 2* retard, and actually have the same valve events. Or he could advance his 2* and come out the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts