Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched the forum and so far haven't found an answer to what I am looking for so I decided to post and see what you guys have to say.

So I have an 07 Z06 and I am in need of tires. I'm not too impressed with the performance of the Goodyears so I was wondering what is another alternative. The car is a weekend driver and I want an all around good tire for handling and straight line traction. I've heard the michelins are good but which ones and I need them in 275/35-18 fronts and 325/30-19 rears because I like the rims I have. Thanks in advance for your help. :pop:

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I happy to see this post as I'm in need of rear tires for my 09 Z06 and was wondering the same question. Does anyone have any feedback on the Nitto's? How do they handle other than in a straight line? How about high speed over 100?

Any comments from people that have them on a C6 would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike for those links, there were a couple I didn't find in my search. Seems to me like people are all over the place with what tires they like to run, I guess that's to be expected since people have different driving habits. I would love to run the Michelin Sport Cup ZP's but as far as I can tell they don't have them available in the sizes for the 2007 in 18"/19" So I may either go with the Nitto NT05's or maybe the Hoosier R6's, I want hook up and handling and don't really care if I have to change them out once a year just as long as they last me the season and give me what I am looking for. On that note anyone that has run either of the choices I made above can you give me a little feed back on them, good or bad I would love to hear about it.

Thx

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I have had several Z's and for the c6z I found the Michelin PS2's to be the best with alot of tread. Great in the rain, and held alot of traction which is needed w/ the LS7. I now have the ZP's on my current Z but I don't know if they finally came out w/ the stock Z size yet. They are the best tire i have had on any Z. Love them from the street to the track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the Nitto NT05's today for the Z, 275/35ZR18's up front and 335/30ZR19's out back closest to stock size and everyone that I spoke with about these tires said they are great. I don't expect them to last me 10K+ miles or handle good in the rain, just stick great in the corners and help me hook up down low. I am also planning on getting a pair of the NT05 drag radials for those "special" moments when you want a lil somthin more :racing:

It will be a month or two before I can give some feedback but I will for sure, I know there are others that are interested as well. I hope they work well, I got everything out the door, mount n balance, taxes n b.s.,sensor kits and replacement certificates for $1536.00 from discount tire. Thought that was a pretty good deal :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nitto Invos are the best tires that you can possibly find for the Z06. However, they are NOT run-flats (I'm totally fine with that because I see run-flats as a bad gimmick that few people have started to realize). Nitto Invos are cheap as hell and perform wayyyyy better than the OEM crap from GM. They stick like glue in the wet and they last a long time - I got about 20,000 miles off of my last set - not bad for a performance tire. Granted, I don't go racing around in the car, but it is my daily driver since my commuter car took a dump.

Here's a link to the Nitto Invos that you guys maybe interested in.

***edited***

While I welcome you to the site, I would also ask you to read the Rules of the Road section paying special attention to this sub-section....

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/non-supporting-vendor-links-advertising-84174/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nitto Invos are the best tires that you can possibly find for the Z06. However, they are NOT run-flats (I'm totally fine with that because I see run-flats as a bad gimmick that few people have started to realize). Nitto Invos are cheap as hell and perform wayyyyy better than the OEM crap from GM. They stick like glue in the wet and they last a long time - I got about 20,000 miles off of my last set - not bad for a performance tire. Granted, I don't go racing around in the car, but it is my daily driver since my commuter car took a dump.

Here's a link to the Nitto Invos that you guys maybe interested in.

***edited***

While I welcome you to the site, I would also ask you to read the Rules of the Road section paying special attention to this sub-section....

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/non-supporting-vendor-links-advertising-84174/

Bringing this back from the dead, I know, but I feel that I need to express that I STONGLY disagree with this statement. I CAN'T WAIT to get these GARBAGE tires off of mine. They came on the car when I purchased it, and will be replaced this Spring with a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Traction with the Invo tires are nowhere to be found in any weather condition. The only thing they have going for them is in the "looks" department, which to me doesn't mean squat....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Be sure to let everybody know how you like the MPSS tires after you get them. I still have the OEM Goodyear's on my car and think when they are done I will put the MPSS tires on as a replacement. It is always good to hear from someone else about their experience with a different product.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had an 07 ZO6; original GY tires gone in 14-15k miles. Went with Michelin PS2's and really liked them. Much better than original GYs. Lasted 25k miles and as the Michelin PSS became available for my car I went to them. As good as the PS2s and quieter as well as a little less expensive. If I'd kept the car I would stay with Michelins all the way. The best tire as shown by now on my new C7 ZO6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts