Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Best tow hitch for a C5?

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Cobra4B 
#1 ·
Draw-tite? or is there anything better. Anyone ever heard of a "hidden hitch" that has a quick disconect? Who's the cheapest?

#3 ·
Anyone have pictures of this installed on a vette? Ive been thinking about doing this so I can haul around a jetski.

Dixit

#5 ·
#6 ·
why put a hitch on your car? Why?

#7 ·
So I can tow a set of jetskis around in my vette.

#8 · (Edited)
Putting a hitch on a Vette is seen as a sacriledge by some.

But some need it to tow a small tire trailer to events and other small things...like a jet ski.

It is one of the few mods you can do in SCCA Super Stock. Some of the top drivers in Pro Solo and National Tour add one even if they DO NOT tow anything.

It seems the added weight low and in the rear aids traction, balances the F/R weight ratio, helps the rear corner weights and Cross Corner Percentage's.

I know one guy who added the hitch, then capped the hollow reciever with a Bow Tie ID plate and filled it with lead.

In the upper classes where you can relocate the battery to the rear....then you don't see the hitches as much.

So convience (to tow) AND a performance advantage is the reason a hitch is added.

#10 ·
Hidden Hitch works very well, and when you remove the receiver, you can hardly tell it is there. It does not really mar the looks of the car.

Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply both have decent small utility trailers. Always opt for the larger wheels and tires if you have an option as they will dissipate heat better. To decide upon a trailer, you must first decide if you want to carry just tires, or tires and a toolbox, or even additional items; you also need to determine how you plan to affix your load to the trailer. Obviously, since a Z06 is not really a tow vehicle, the smaller and lighter the trailer, the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.