Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my pewter FRC for about 1.5 months now. My previous vehicles where dark colors, and easy to get that deep/wet look after a detail.

I've tried several different waxes over the past couple of weekends with decent results, but I want more for my effort.

I've tried S100 , NXT, Eagle Nano wax, Zymol, & Mothers California Gold. The S100 is the best of the bunch, but I want something the will make the pewter look a little "deeper".

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would look very close @ Adams Polish products.. I saw some real nice work being done with their products at the fest.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you want glossy, Zaino is the ticket. If you want DEEP, Adam's is the one!.....Actually I get deep and glossy with the Adams products, but that is the general consensus here.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
KCMAGS said:
I would look very close @ Adams Polish products.. I saw some real nice work being done with their products at the fest.

We need to see what Stephania has to say about her Z--we did a real quickie job on her silver Z at the Fest, at night. Didn't get to get a real good look at it in full daylight, but I'm sure she likes it! IF we would have been able to machine buff her car and Z06 Butterfly's car, I KNOW we would have gotten a LOT better job done.

Put another way--two cars were clayed and Brilliant glazed, with VRT trim dressed (one of them with a coat of Butter Wax, additionally)--in about 4 hours time. Outstanding results on both of them.

If you were at the Fest you may have also seen IVOZ06's car with a coat of Brilliant glaze on it and Lembo's car (partially)clayed and glazed (with detail spray on the rest).

The "competition" had one car machine buffed ONLY--in about 10 hours time.

How often are YOU gonna be doing YOUR car?

:cheers:

(Flame suit on)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
"Zaint No Doubt About Zaino Rules" :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
You might check out Pinnacle's products. They make a carnauba paste wax that is geared towards lighter metallic colors that will probably give you the depth you desire. I would also look into Wolfgang paint sealant. I have used it on my mother's pewter colored Lexus with great results.

I myself use Zaino on my 2004 MS Z06, and with the new Z2Pro topped off with Z8 I couldn't be happier. It looks great to ME, but it is glossy, very reflective, and shimmering/wet looking. You really can't go wrong with any of the products mentioned so far. Adam's Detail Spray always leaves a great "wet" looking finish as well. Too many choices :crazy:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Duke,

I've got a QS car, and making the color pop is difficult to say the least. So far the best results for me have been.
1. wash car
2. clay bar
3. polish with PS21S
4. Acrylic Sealant "Klasse" (all in one)
5. Acrylic Sealant "Klasse" ( high gloss sealant glaze)
6. Carnuba based wax such as Griots "Best of Show".

Using Acrylic, gives great shine. Using Carnuba gives great depth of color. Using Carnuba over Acrylic is the ticket. The two products don't mix, so the Carnuba lays over the Acrylic and doesn't dissolve it. Carnuba over other type sealants can dissolve them, thus defeating the idea of great shine and depth of color.
I'm not a chemist, just repeating info from an article on detailing I read and tried. It worked for my QS Z. Don't have any fresh pics of this technique and currently my baby is at A&A getting a new forged motor.
If you give this a try, let me know how it turned out for ya.

Zrod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts