Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna keep my stock exhaust on my '02. Can't really get headers right now but plan to in the future. I like loud deep sounding exhaust and I dont mind interior loudness either. would you guys recommend x-pipe (which one), cutouts, or both??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
878 Posts
i have b & b with xpipe- :z: on my 01-really like the sound
here is sd i went to muffler shop that specializes in vettes-he makes his own x-pipe installed for $150...look around your area, there is really nothing to an x-pipe why spend to much for one?? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so everone agree that all x-pipes are the same? what do you guys think of cutouts? anyone know where i can get some sound clips to help out my decision?

·
Registered
412 Posts
jwood80 said:
so everone agree that all x-pipes are the same?
That would be the same as saying that all exhaust systems are the same, and we all know that's not true.

I am happy with my MagnaFlow x-pipe since it is a true x-pipe where the pipes actually intersect, whereas the Borla's do not.

I have stock manifolds, cats, x-pipe, and stock titanium muffs. I like the new sound as it's slightly deeper sounding, as well as having a somewhat smoother sound with the usuall ripping titanium sound at WOT (..one of the best sounding mufflers ever, IMO). At idle, standing in back, there is no motorboat sound.

I have not dyno'd the car, but I don't really care about that since primarily I got the x to get rid of the exhaust jingle and motorboating at idle; both are now gone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you dont live in an area where they dont check emissions I recommend this. I removed my cats and replaced it with a off road x pipe from breathless performance. Sounds really nice when its open up.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
jwood80 said:
so everone agree that all x-pipes are the same? what do you guys think of cutouts? anyone know where i can get some sound clips to help out my decision?
I just installed the McCord cuts and they sound great at idle :D The car is still in the shop getting tuned, I will let you know how they sound on the road :thumb:

P.S. My buddy has them and they sound awesome :jawdrop: Nascar style :yeadog:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
If you want to hear some different exhaust...let me know. I have headers, kooks x-pipe, and borla stingers but, I know many Vette owners in town and can probably find someone with the exhaust you want to hear. :guiness:

Welcome to the site! Lots of great people here. :z:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
A real X-pipe will quiet your stock exhaust note. The old pulse noise cancelling thing. If you just want an occasional loud sound, go with the electric cutouts! Make sure they are put in after the rear 02 sensors and before the H pipe if you are looking for the 60's muscle car sound or after if you want the new smoother 180* sound.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts