Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BFG 295 or 315

Looking to purchase some Drag Radials this weekend. Looking to get some opinions on the two sizes, 315/30 and 295/35. I would like to have the wider tire, but I am not so willing to give up the slight sidewall difference. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I assume these are for the 17" sizes. I'm not sure, but I believe you need the 17x11 wheel to be able to fit the 315s on 'em. If you don't have 11" wide wheels, then your only option is the 295s.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Many members are running 315/30/18 DR's on stock 10.5" wide rims with good results. That would be my choice also. Remember if you are going to run these on the street, they are borderline dangerous in the wet and have a very short tread life. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yeah, dangerous in the wet with those tires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is never driven in the rain. I only take it out every couple of months or so. So you would recommend the wider tire?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
JPG2003 said:
Car is never driven in the rain. I only take it out every couple of months or so. So you would recommend the wider tire?
Sure would. The 315/30/18 is slightly shorter than the 295/35/18 which will increase the effective rear axle ratio from a 3.42 to approximately 3.50 which is good IMO. :z:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also looking for rear drag radials. What brands of tires are you looking at? I've spent a few hours on tirerack.com and still haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
TCSZ06 said:
I am also looking for rear drag radials. What brands of tires are you looking at? I've spent a few hours on tirerack.com and still haven't decided yet.

It depends what how you're going to use it, If you're going to have on spare rims for track use only then Nothing beats the BFGs for hooking, but they will only go about 5k miles til the tread completely goes away which still makes them perfect track tires, just make sure to only go about 1-2k miles so you dont get to the wire and have a blow out, but before the tread goes away IT IS AS GOOD AS YOUR F1s on the wet, if you do get them bold, they we'll be unbelievable dangerous in the wet, and I mean undrivable on high waters, if it wasn't for our Stability control Im sure you would have to call a tow truck to get it home(yea its that bad). But if you are looking to drive them on the street as well, you can get the NITTOs, they're not half as sticky as the BFGs but they'll have a longer tread life which means they'll be better for everyday driving as well.

Recap, if you're serious about getting to hook on the track, get the BFGs as spares, although you're buying more tires now, you'll save money on the long run. If you still want DRs but want to drive them on the street, then Nittos is problably what you want if you dont want to replace your tires 5k miles, :cheers:

·
Registered
373 Posts
TCSZ06 said:
The Nitto drag radials are real popular as well fyi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts