Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BFG g-force KDW2, to be exact.

Does anyone have these tires on their car?? I was thinking about trying these tires out - I was going to buy a pair for the rear.

I just want to try something different. I was thinking about the Nitto R2s, but this is my daily driver and I need something I can drive in the wet as well.

The other tires I was considering were the Michelin PS2s.

If someone has tried the BFGs, how did you like them?

Would you guys suggest one of these or another tire??

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KDW+2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2

The BFGs I can get at a very good price and this is what made me want to try them. If I don't like them, then I'll be getting a complete set of the PS2s. I would just like to know how good they are.

Also, I've had a set of the KDs before (on another car). I thought they were a very good tire, it's just that the wet traction is really bad with the KDs - would like something more liveable than that.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have them on my ride. They are way better than the Stock F1's in the wet. They are noisier than F1's not sure if that bothers you or not. Handling is almost as good as f1's. For the price they seem to be a good tire.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DavidNJ said:
Whoa, whoa...KDW2? Don't you mean KD?
Nope. I've talked to guys that say they prefer the F1s over the KDs.

I don't want the KDs and am looking for an alternative for the F1s.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
BFG g-force KDW2, to be exact.

I just want to try something different. I was thinking about the Nitto R2s, but this is my daily driver and I need something I can drive in the wet as well.

Alex
Holy cow...you get a little teensy bit of rain out there and all of a sudden you need "rain" tires! :rofl:

Charlie

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The rain has passed and it's suppose to be dry until August or September.... :lol: So, I wouldn't worry too much about the rain. I'm going with the Nitto's, but if you want the best dry/wet traction and wear, the PS2's are the way to go. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie - Bob,
:lol:
I'm being a little picky, I guess.

I'm going to give the KDW2s a try. They're pretty inexpensive so it won't cost me much to try them out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The G-Force KDW-2, is a relatively new tire that BFG has come out with. It appears to have a good tread design. I checked with the tire dealer 3 weeks ago, about the KDW-2 tires. This is what he found out (he even called BFG) about sizes that are available. The 295/35-18 are available for the rear of the Z06, but only 255/40-17 are available for the front at this time (we need 265/40-17 for the front).

BFG, may be coming out with 265/40-17 and 275/40-17 sizes later this year.

Ray B.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I have the KDW2 in an 18/19 and am real happy with them. Only have ~1200 miles but have already noticed a big difference over the old MPS's. Those were pretty much useless.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the KDW2s on my Z06 - that I gave to 1 slow 97 when we traded rims.

The tires are great. F1s handle better and are a little quieter, however the KDW2s are great for the price as well. They do excellent in the rain, and dry traction is actually better in straight line.

The only part that bothered me about it was the size being one smaller for the fronts.

I've also heard great things about the Michelins, and its what I plan to buy next time to try those out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just replaced F1's on my ride yesterday with Toyo T1S's and they are better IMO in every way especially when you consider pricing 4 @ stock sizing for $776 plus shipping.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ray B said:
The G-Force KDW-2, is a relatively new tire that BFG has come out with. It appears to have a good tread design. I checked with the tire dealer 3 weeks ago, about the KDW-2 tires. This is what he found out (he even called BFG) about sizes that are available. The 295/35-18 are available for the rear of the Z06, but only 255/40-17 are available for the front at this time (we need 265/40-17 for the front).
I did see the sizes available. I was only going to buy a pair to replace my rear tires. Some guys will buy a pair of the Nitto RIIs to replace the rear tires only - while keeping different tires in the front.

trs said:
Just replaced F1's on my ride yesterday with Toyo T1S's and they are better IMO in every way especially when you consider pricing 4 @ stock sizing for $776 plus shipping.
trs, can you PM me a link for this vendor?

Thanks all for your replies.

·
Registered
23 Posts
got mine through tiresavings.com - received here in Western Canada in 7 days - shipping was expensive but coming right across the continent.Edge Racing is also very competitive.Just got back from a "run" on a quiet Sunday morning and these tires are tremendous - excellent grip and much quieter than the F1's.Good luck with your decision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts