Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock setup

Removed stock box

Put the front of the car on ramps. I do not drive onto the ramps. I lift the front and slide the ramps under the tires.

Removed shroud

Reversed the bottom clips holding the Z06 screens. I painted the top of the clips black so they can’t be seen through the front of the grills.

Ram tubes

Installed the scoops to the bumper. I shimmed them to fit my car, 5 up top, 3 on the bottom. I also put extra washers under the bolt heads to protect my bumper. This pulls the bolts away from the front of the bumper.

Scoops come up under the hood.

Finished system. I replaced the supplied 4mm Allen head airbox bolts with heavy-duty ¼” x 1 ¾” hex head bolts from Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
looks to easy.... i wonder if they will come out with a z06 only air ram without the fog holes.... your attention to detail makes all the difference...very nice job and great photos... that sure is a nice color.....

·
Registered
852 Posts
Great Pic's! I'm going to install mine this weekend .. it will be even easier now .. the car is even the same color:thumb:

With a little more write-up we could we put this in the how too section?

Brian

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>>Do you need to take the radiator shroud out?

Yes, and the instructions that come with the VaraRam do not mention the two white plastic stud-clips that hold the shroud to the AC Condensor. I popped the clips off the condensor, removed the metal rings holding them to the shroud, and then twisted the clips back onto the condensor.

This picture shows one of the clips, with the metal ring removed.

>And when do you put it back in?

After you mount and shim the scoops to the bumper. Make sure you hook the top end of the shroud under the lip of the plastic radiator top crossover support.

>i wonder if they will come out with a z06
>only air ram without the fog holes

There is no reason for Patrick to do that. If you don't mount fogs in those holes air will get through helping cool under the hood.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for the great post rbartick.:thumb: Your pictures and caption really take the mystery out of installing a VaraRam.

Looks like something most folks could do if they have the ramps and some patience. :jammin:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Excellent pics!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for this post and pics. I just got my second vette, an 01 Black Z06 and want to install a cold air system. This is my daily driver and was wondering if the VaraRam is the way to go or should I try something else?
Any advice is appreciated!

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.