Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Billy Bob was the name used when it was going to have a 327 ci engine, cloth seats, manual windows, 16 inch wheels and sell for about $32000. That name should never be associated with the FRC as actually produced. It is not factually accurate or descriptive of the car.

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11.4 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
405 rwhp, 380 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just something wrong with Billy Bob Corvette. I read All Corvettes are Red and the reference was made to the Billy Bob version.

Now the term doesn't bother me, but it just doesn't seem right. I don't know if it's that part of me which stands up for what's right in the world, because it personally doesn't offend me, but I think it offends the FRC.

Is it just me???

I drive a '99 Torch Red Billy Bob. Just doesn't roll off the tongue.

I don't take offense fastdog, it's just that your post got me thinking about this again.

------------------
Gerry Pflepsen
[email protected]

TORCH RED CORVETTE CLUB

CUT ME...I BLEED TORCH RED

B&B PRTs Quad Oval Tips
Donaldson LS6 with Cold Air Cover
Zaino
GM Bra
Colgan Mirror Covers
Rand McNally Road Atlas (Good for 2 HP)
Amoco Ultimate 93

99 Torch HT

·
Registered
0 Posts
But Gerry...it might not fit the car, but it fits you!!
JK ole Buddy!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Frank, I'll bring some Billy Bob tequilia to the cruise in, then we'll see how much fun you are

------------------
Gerry Pflepsen
[email protected]

TORCH RED CORVETTE CLUB

CUT ME...I BLEED TORCH RED

B&B PRTs Quad Oval Tips
Donaldson LS6 with Cold Air Cover
Zaino
GM Bra
Colgan Mirror Covers
Rand McNally Road Atlas (Good for 2 HP)
Amoco Ultimate 93

99 Torch HT

·
Registered
0 Posts
OOOH!! Ya know I love Tequila!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gpflepsen:
Frank, I'll bring some Billy Bob tequilia to the cruise in, then we'll see how much fun you are

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gpflepsen:
Just something wrong with Billy Bob Corvette. I read All Corvettes are Red and the reference was made to the Billy Bob version.

Now the term doesn't bother me, but it just doesn't seem right. I don't know if it's that part of me which stands up for what's right in the world, because it personally doesn't offend me, but I think it offends the FRC.

Is it just me???

I drive a '99 Torch Red Billy Bob. Just doesn't roll off the tongue.

I don't take offense fastdog, it's just that your post got me thinking about this again.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I see how one could take that.

I think the notion was that there should be a Corvette with little or know preference for the ammenties that don't lend to performance but instead add to price and put the car out of reach or interest for hardcore types. More Club Racing than Country Club...

Simpler, more affordable, all about fast. Something a guy with a name like "Billy Bob" would get excited about and maybe even be able to afford, or really want to afford or think was worth puttin' in the overtime.

It is hard to think of someone named BillyBob being pretentious or unwilling to mix it up and get a little dirty if necessary. Follow the logic?

------------------
1fastdog 2K FRC
[email protected]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dayam, it's cold in Nebraska!!!!!

------------------
Paul
#13 and President, Torch Red Corvette Club, Texas Chapter
CAGS, V1, Plate,
Momo shift knob, Red/Black WheelSkin,
Vortex, Clear Euros with blink-blink,
Decals, APC bulbs

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I got me one of them thar "Hard Tops" parked in front of my "double wide" here in Hawaii.

She shur is purty!!!

------------------
Spdwy White Plus ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts