Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WIFE wants to know what COMPLETE brake package I want for my Birthday (May 6th) I need opinions on what YOU guys would buy. I have 19 inch rear wheels so I can use the larger rear rotors. I have 30K on original rotors and have gone thru three sets of OEM pads. I have 487 rwhp (done myself) so I do want to stop. I don't track it but I drive it hard and every day.
I have seen all the complete packages and it gets harder the more I see. Lets see some of your suggestions. Tell me what YOU have and what YOU would do if you did it over again.
Only REAL experiances of packages or combos you guys have done.
Thanks guys and you will make "WIFE" real happy

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only one guy will help my "WIFE" buy me brakes?
G35/ZO6 thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the stoptech setup, and the AP setup that Stillen sells.

I still haven't figured it out. Of course, its going to be awhile before I buy, so what the hell?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not on my car but I've help put Wilwoods 6 piston front and 4 piston rear on a '02 Z06. The look and fit is very nice. Even though you have 19" wheels don't think just any brake caliper will fit. Not all 19" wheels have enough "bend" in them to clear larger brake calipers. Baer can be bad for not clearing the iside of the wheels and some iForged wheels have had problems fitting past the Baer calipers. The Wilwoods seem to fit behind most wheels.

Just my .02 from limited exposure on Z06's.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Tell your wife that the new 2006 Z06 has big brakes and that you like those. :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am saving up for the brembo brakes... A friend has an Evo with a complete brake package and let me tell you that car stops and stops hard fast!!! (Probably the most impressive part about the car) Plus, I read an article a while back that the MTI corvette competed in a supercar competition and won the braking challenge. The only bad part of my choice is that its going to be expensive. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I run a brake package from Red Devil Brakes. 6 piston in the front 4 piston in the rear. The rotors and calipers are titanium with ceramic coating and ceramic pads. When I say the car stops on a dime and gives you a nickel and five pennies for change it's an understatement. Big $$$$ but to stop my timid beast :sneaky: you need all the braking power you can get. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The complete Wilwood system is $3999.95 at LAP. For the money they look the best so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts