Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Jim lives up that way. (Jim Lembo) Hopefully he would enjoy the Black Hills Corvette Classic.
Hell yeah I would love to go, but with the Fest coming up in September and taking a week away from my business for that it just ain't gonna happen this year. Definitely on my "to do" list though. :D

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Is there anyone else who is going to the Black Hills Corvette Classic this year?
We will be in Spearfish Thurs to Friday. Will not make Sioux Falls and the caravan. Hope to see you. I'm in a black 2007 Z with Montana plates.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will be in Spearfish Thurs to Friday. Will not make Sioux Falls and the caravan. Hope to see you. I'm in a black 2007 Z with Montana plates.
Yep. We are both on the wrong side of the country to be doing the Sioux Falls caravan starting Tuesday. So we have our own caravan coming up from Colorado starting early Thursday morning. As first timers, we are planning on being there until Sunday. I'll be knocking 4 things off my bucket list on this trip.;)

Google says just under 8 hours to get there but knowing some of the rabbits in our club, it will be more like 6. :sneaky:

I have family in Bozeman. If the warden wasn't joining me, I had planned on detouring back through Montana. I love Montana!

I'll keep an eye out for you and hopefully others. The plan is to have a shot to toast to our extended family, Z06Vette.com :drunken:

We'll be in our black 2003 Z pictured below with ZOHBABY Colorado plates. :usa:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I don't know what I was thinking saying we were there only Thurs and Friday. We are there until Sunday also. Are you at the Holiday Inn? It's definitely a good time. Looking forward to the toast!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
After all these years and finally "owning" (making payments) on a ZO6, I wish I could make the Fest!! It's been 9 years since I joined the forum.....How many more years can I make excuses for?

I really wish I could just do it, and roll with the gang.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
After all these years and finally "owning" (making payments) on a ZO6, I wish I could make the Fest!! It's been 9 years since I joined the forum.....How many more years can I make excuses for?

I really wish I could just do it, and roll with the gang.
I hear you. I'm still on the fence for this year's fest due to our club's monthly meeting is on that Thursday and our biggest fundraiser car show Saturday. I should add for Jim, Pagosa Springs is September 21st and 22nd this year.

Maybe we should revisit a suggestion that JubJub brought up a while back about a Las Vegas, NV get together. Something closer for those of us who live further west of the Mississippi. :yeadog:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I hear you. I'm still on the fence for this year's fest due to our club's monthly meeting is on that Thursday and our biggest fundraiser car show Saturday. I should add for Jim, Pagosa Springs is September 21st and 22nd this year.

Maybe we should revisit a suggestion that JubJub brought up a while back about a Las Vegas, NV get together. Something closer for those of us who live further west of the Mississippi. :yeadog:

:cheers:
I don't want you to take this the wrong way, so please excuse my attitude about all this. I am not nor never will be a "car club" person so I just can't relate to you being worried about missing a club meeting or car show because you are going to check out a big national event like the Holley LS Fest and the Z06Vette dot com annual Fest. I went to my 1st Fest in 2004 and haven't missed one since, including 4 Winterfests. I can guarantee that you will have a way better time with the crew in Bowling Green and if you've never been there the Museum is definitely worth a look! The run up to Makers Mark on thursday is always a blast, and with all the stuff going on at Beech Bend with the Holley LS Fest this is a not to be missed event.
Pagosa is definitely on my agenda for september and we are going to Navajo that weekend, so I'll definitely check it out. (Not interested in entering, just goig to check out the rides and let everyone drool when they hear the "Beast" roll up!) :lol: My car is definitely not a "show car" it has lots of road rash, the windshield is pitted and it's dirty more than it's clean. :lol:

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jim, I look forward to seeing you in Pagosa. :cheers:

As for your car club comments, no worries.

Trust me, I am really torn here. One of the main reasons I joined the club was to be able to give back to the community, the other was to connect with other Corvette enthusiast, which happens to be the same reason I joined Z06Vette. OK, why does this remind me of dating two girls back in high school?

I am not that concerned about missing the club meeting as I am about the show on Saturday. The show is for our chosen charity, S.A.Y. Yes, a children's charity that mentors disadvantaged children. As a former disadvantage child, I remember the hardships and how similar organizations helped me overcome life's challenges, and now that I have been blessed with a better life, I feel it is my obligation to pay it forward.

I hope you understand the conflict I am dealing with here. I even went as far as looking in to other events in Kentucky like the Museum in Motion Corvette Lifestyle Tour slated for September 1st just prior to the fests. So even if I am able to pull it off, I would have to leave Friday morning.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
AJ:
Good to meet you in Spearfish. Thanks for the Makers Mark. My turn next time.
Your black Z really shines. I know you are a driver, but you are also a waxer!
It's not too early to get on the waiting list for rooms at the Holiday Inn for next year. When you call ask for Kirsten. She will take care of you.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to meet you in Spearfish. Thanks for the Makers Mark. My turn next time.
Your black Z really shines. I know you are a driver, but you are also a waxer!
It's not too early to get on the waiting list for rooms at the Holiday Inn for next year. When you call ask for Kirsten. She will take care of you.
We had an awesome time! Nothing like being surrounding by 100's of beautiful Corvettes. We even got to see the new C7 up close and personal.

We are looking forward to going back next year. So I will take you up on that drink if you make it too. :cheers:

Next year should be a little more relaxing since we were able to knock out the Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Devil's Tower caravan tours this go around. It's was fun caravanning through the Black Hills but the rain and lack of speed left something to be desired.

Here are a few of pictures from Vette Street USA. Enjoy!

I must of violated a © rule using the BHCC Banner since the pictures on this thread have been disabled and these can only be posted as links. :sorry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts