Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the entire scheme of things perhaps the biggest question i.e. what color to order - for me there are 2 extremes - black/black or yellow/black - the black/black is refined, understated elegance - the yellow screams WOW I AM HERE -power and brightness - between these two colors whats your favorite and why? One must learn how to care for a black car before diving in so assume that is a non issue - appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
581 Posts
White would have been my choice. Silver is second.

Yellow is too likely to pick up flashing lights.

Black is too hot. Literally. On a summer day at the drags, or the track, or the mall.

That leaves blue, silver, copper, and red. We are in a battle between blue (wife) and silver.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Compromise and get either color but with modified red seats, which goes particularly well with black exterior. Although a black car is a royal PITA to keep the finish devoid of swirl marks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
All Corvettes are BLACK :yeadog:

The Heat theory about Black is a MYTH !!! :screwy:

I've had Numerous Autos;MY,Lapis Blue,Black etc.

They ALL get EXTREMELY Hot During Summer :mah:

That's why they invented AC.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
How about this? Velocity Yellow with Black seats and Red seat accents. The red would match the calipers and intake/fuel-rail covers and look cool when at a car show with the hood up and doors ajar. It would also match the tail lights if you think about it.

I ordered mine as above but with Titanium accents second choice.

I really wish they had white, though! I think the white with titanium accent seats would look real cool.

They should also offer color-matching seat belts like the Porsches do. I think that adds a nice touch. I'm sure that's easy to change over after-market, though (and probably for cheaper).

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
YELLOW! The C6R and C6 Z06 were first displayed in YELLOW. The print brochures show YELLOW.

ZIPPY :) :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Corvette and especially the Z06 is one of the few cars that looks good in all offered colors. They just need to offer it in all available Corvette colors. What's the BFD with that? GM are you listening. :z: :z:

·
Registered
765 Posts
bjaber said:
How about this? Velocity Yellow with Black seats and Red seat accents. The red would match the calipers and intake/fuel-rail covers and look cool when at a car show with the hood up and doors ajar. It would also match the tail lights if you think about it.

I ordered mine as above but with Titanium accents second choice.

I really wish they had white, though! I think the white with titanium accent seats would look real cool.

They should also offer color-matching seat belts like the Porsches do. I think that adds a nice touch. I'm sure that's easy to change over after-market, though (and probably for cheaper).
Red accents are not available with the VY exterior.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I like black because it blends the fender edge, rear duck tail and splitters in with the rest of the car. It also hides the side inlet a little better.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
When I ordered my 2001 Z06, I ordered yellow. Then the dealer and the information about the lack of availability of yellow convinced me to switch to black. I have liked my black car, but if I get the C6 Z06, it will be yellow.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Vladcanada said:
I think yellow looks very nice, i'd choose black, i just love black cars with tinted windows. :pp: :z:
What he said. Black. Can't beat it unless you prefer yellow.

The new Z will look awesome in black. Black Magic, Love it.
Black reflects every subtle hue of color. With those red calibers it will look great. :jammin: :ity:

D.J.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I had a yellow Z...loved it, then I saw a black z one at night with a loud exhaust and I was even scared.

My next Z will be BLACK!!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I currently have a black Duragno SLT+. Just sold a black 2002 Monte Carlo SS High Sport. Black cars are jus WAY too difficult to keep clean. They look the BEST *when clean*. Problem is keeping it clean without putting swirl marks, rub marks, etc into the clear coat. Not too mention that the black paint will fade, oxidize, and crack much easier under heat. Dust shows up on black ten seconds after washing it. Having owned two black cars now, I can calmly say that I'm through with that color.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When I saw the New Z06 in Black I was super impressed. I'm not a huge fan of Black on cars but the new Z just looks really mean in black

·
Registered
555 Posts
Knowing black will be a pain to keep clean,and having owned a black car before, I'm still going for black again. The Z06 in black with tinted windows, lowered, black rims, with amber DRLs ablaze looks absolutely evil coming up behind other cars! Once you go black, you never go back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts