Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also have numerous scratches that just seem to appear. Also, though the paint job is not bad, it seems to lack the luster it once had.

In the latest Corvette Quarterly, Maguires Scratch X is recommended. Also, a clay pad is recommended.

Has anyone had experience with Scratch X or with Mothers' Clay pad kit? Was it good or bad. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Actu 8 said:
I also have numerous scratches that just seem to appear. Also, though the paint job is not bad, it seems to lack the luster it once had.

In the latest Corvette Quarterly, Maguires Scratch X is recommended. Also, a clay pad is recommended.

Has anyone had experience with Scratch X or with Mothers' Clay pad kit? Was it good or bad. Thanks.
I'd like to know also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
smook said:
I do NOT use the clay bar.

BEWARE. I understand it stripes the clear-coat.

-Bill. :eek:o:



Our detail site vendor is Adam's polishes. His web site address is located under site merchants I believe. Adam details a pick up truck using all of his products in video form. The information contained on his site is very informative and complete. It covers fine scratches and dull paint. It will get you started in the right direction and take the mystery out of exterior car care. Give his site a look. He gives Z06 site members a 10% discount with a 110% product guaranteer.

Hope this helps.

D.J.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
When I had a black car, I tried everything out there. Zymol followed by 3M scratch remover for dark cars, both applied with a Porter Cable Polisher, did wonders on fine scratches. I then followed that up with Zaino or Meguires HiTech. Never got a chance to try Adam's but I've been hearing good things about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
A Porter Cable 7424 random orbital buffer, some quality 6 inch pads, Menzerna Intensive Polish, and Menzerna Final Polish will remove the surface defects and leave a cyrstal clear finish ready for topping with the product of your choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
Our detail site vendor is Adam's polishes. His web site address is located under site merchants I believe. Adam details a pick up truck using all of his products in video form. The information contained on his site is very informative and complete. It covers fine scratches and dull paint. It will get you started in the right direction and take the mystery out of exterior car care. Give his site a look. He gives Z06 site members a 10% discount with a 110% product guaranteer.

Hope this helps.

D.J.
Damn DJ...said it all for me already! :jammin:

Actu 8, let me know if you need anything. I am a distributor for Adams and will make sure you get that discount.

Aloha, Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
I agree. Also, clay WILL NOT DAMAGE A CLEAR COAT. You do have to lube the clay and the paint properly while you use it but its very very easy to use and will reduce scratches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
You all may want to read my instructions - rather abbreviated- on Adam's Premium Car Care products website - under the section on accolades. I attend. I use Adam's and I win the shows I attend.

Dr. Bradbury
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Since the paint is dull, it sounds like you may need to set up a more frequent polish/waxing schedule. Most products seem to last 2-3 months so depending on if your car is garaged or not and the weather, you can adjust the schedule from there.

Maybe, since you haven't used a clay bar/pad before, you may want to have the car professionally detailed and then keep it up from there with Adam's products, especially the quick detailer that can be applied a couple of times a week. Maybe add a California Duster as well. The Mr. Clean car wash product works very well and eliminates water spots.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
495 Posts
Actu8, Are you going to Z06fest? I'm going to bring my porter cable, and I own a black car that you can read in the reflection.
I've never tried Adam's products. I'm sure they are great. BUT! Zaino products are WONDERFUL on black, and they last for months. PM me for more info.
Bill
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,998 Posts
bigcat39 said:
Actu8, Are you going to Z06fest? I'm going to bring my porter cable, and I own a black car that you can read in the reflection.
I've never tried Adam's products. I'm sure they are great. BUT! Zaino products are WONDERFUL on black, and they last for months. PM me for more info.
Bill

When and where are you going to do this at Z06fest? I want to watch. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Damn DJ...said it all for me already! :jammin:

Actu 8, let me know if you need anything. I am a distributor for Adams and will make sure you get that discount.

Aloha, Dave
Sorry I couldn't help myself. It's hard to contain my enthusiasm for Adam's products. With the 110% guarantee going for you and 10% off how can you not try it? Man I must sound like someone on late night t.v. hawking the latest gadget?

D.J. :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
Sorry I couldn't help myself. It's hard to contain my enthusiasm for Adam's products. With the 110% guarantee going for you and 10% off how can you not try it? Man I must sound like someone on late night t.v. hawking the latest gadget?

D.J. :) :)
Hehehe....With Adams Polishes you just set it and you.....FORGET IT!:lol:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top