Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that I would let anyone that was wondering if it can be done, I did it myself. Since they don't make any "kits" that include the side lights and the third brake light, I went ahead and used the spray window tint on them. I took them off and sprayed them quite a few times (until prefered darkness) and then, when dry, I sprayed them with some car clearcoat I also picked up at the auto parts store. I have had them like this now for about two weeks, and they still look great! I have since washed the car and they have 'faded' at all! I suggest anyone with the blackouts to do this. :cool:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just the opposite

I was wonderin if anybody makes clear markers for the C5? I once saw a guy here in P-town that had white DRL's instead of yellow, and I thought it looked killer.:cool: Does anybody make clear lenses for the front as well?:-?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Zee Freak... check out www.LAPD.com

They sell the clear sidemarker lights for $99 usually, but I think they are on sale for $70 right now. I'm thinking about getting them for my '02 QS. I already have the red/clear euro rear lights waiting here for my car. So I'm thinking that the red side markers with the red/clear will look good. But I'm also thinking the clear side markers might look good. I think the clear side markers would look better on a black or white car. They also make yellow side markers which look good on yellow and black, and on red if the car has the red/amber euro taillights.

The same company offers the euro front marker lights. It has a more suttle yellow on the front lens. It isn't waffleboarded, but smooth. Looks good, but $130 for a SLIGHT difference doesn't sound good. Something I will have to see in person first. Or maybe just take the plunge and get them to see for myself. I'm sure I could sell them if I don't like them.

They also sell a cyrstal clear rear back up lights. Looks ok, but I think the stock is nicer/cleaner.

Have fun with your Z06, and remember, planning and buying mods is almost as much fun as getting your car!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks, I will look closely next time- I just haven't seen the spray-on kind before.
I will have to "try it out" on my truck.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Where are the pix?

How do you guys take off your rear blackouts (for cleanin') without scratchin' anything? :-? They are hard to take off even without the velcro holdin' 'em on. Maybe I could get an old girlfriend to s...aw nevermind, she wouldn't do it anyway...she never did before.;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
getinofficer said:
Where are the pix?

How do you guys take off your rear blackouts (for cleanin') without scratchin' anything? :-? They are hard to take off even without the velcro holdin' 'em on. Maybe I could get an old girlfriend to s...aw nevermind, she wouldn't do it anyway...she never did before.;)
LOL. I am working on the pics. I am trying to get my digital camera back friom a friend. If I have to, I will take pics and scan them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts