Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw several different filters for sale that all look the same but go by three different names on three different vendor sites. Are they the same filter or are there differences.

thanks

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I've always wondered the same...but, I think Donaldson is the manufacturer. they supply OEM air filters for Detroit Diesel heavy duty engines.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Donaldson makes the Blackwing. I haven't heard of the Blackhawk. Donaldson has been in the filtration busines for 90 years. I believe they supply filters for the US Army. They are a trusted company. Their name and logo are molded into the Blackwing.

Charlie

·
Registered
179 Posts
Zippy said:
I've always wondered the same...but, I think Donaldson is the manufacturer. they supply OEM air filters for Detroit Diesel heavy duty engines.
Gotta ride with Zippy on the best for a Z. As a fresh air breather vs the regular C5 which has the front two openings blocked off. The Donaldson for sure the best for a C5 Z.
Question having direct chanels to the intake, like the vararam, as most have lowered there Z, as one flooded intersection and your buying a motor.
Oh also, they also make the filters for the M1A1 Abrams Battle Tank. considering its turbine powered that does its stuff in a sand pit. And sand in a 40,000 rpm turbine, need I say more. They make good stuff, that kicks ass on the battle field and the street.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
tonto said:
Question having direct chanels to the intake, like the vararam, as most have lowered there Z, as one flooded intersection and your buying a motor.
Take a good look where the intakes are on the front of the car. If you ever feel there is a chance you could drive your vette in water that deep, then you shouldn't even be considering an aftermarket intake at all. In fact, a 4x4 would be a safer investment.

As to which filter to get, there are many good ones out there. You need to consider your application (and goals) and how much effort you are willing maintaining. Do a search on this subject, there are dozens on threads on it. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts