Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The C5 Blackwing from Donaldson and Exit28motorsports.com, more air through your screens and more power to your wheels:

'01 and '02 items in stock for immediate shipment. The pricing is $225, shipped FREE. Removal of the old box and a simple install of this filter and you have better breathing and more power.

Exit28 Motorsports is offering the exclusive automotive performance aftermarket Donaldson filter medium in the BLACKWING for the LS6 Corvette. You may not be familiar with the Donaldson name, but they are recognized throughout the world for their heavy duty truck,OEM filters and air box applications and industrial filters. Even the U.S. Government went to Donaldson for filters. From small stationary engines to the largest earth moving equipment Donaldson has over 80 years experience in manufacturing filters having over 1300 different patents on their products. One of the first filter assemblies Donaldson created was for the C5 Corvette. Why, because GM produced a world class sports car, but the stock air filter assembly is VERY restrictive! Donaldson wanted to show off their talent in filter design and manufacturing by producing the finest assembly available today. This filter assembly will allow your LS6 equipped Z06 Corvette to breath the way it should, featuring the most technologically advanced filter media available. The lifetime warrantied reusable filter will out flow its competition yet filter out the smallest dust particles. Another unique feature included with this assembly is the FLOW INDICATOR. This little gauge changes color to let you know when the filter needs cleaning. Simply clean the filter and reset the valve and you're ready to go. Clean with non solvent-based cleaner and reoil lightly.

Horsepower gains up to 16 over a stock filter for the LS1 has been seen and 14 on the '01 Z06's LS6 motor.

Simple bolt on installation, requiring no vehicle modifications., nor shroud cutting.

You can order with us at toll free:1 877 966 8676.

Thanks!

RG

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
RG: Great price for a very good filter!!! I have used a Donaldson on my last 3 C5's and am completely satisfied with it's quality and performance.

If you are considering a replacement filter w/o cutting your shroud, this is the one!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is a big bump for exit28. I just bought this Blackwing and its great. These guys are a pleasure to order from and have the cheapest prices around.
Keep up the good work exit28!

Jason Painter

·
Registered
389 Posts
What benefit, if any is there to installing it on an '02 since part of the '02
HP increase was due to intake changes ???

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
02EBZ06:

The top cover of the '02 Z06 air filter has a larger inlet opening than the '01. However, the Donaldson has a MUCH larger surface area that is open to incoming air.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks Zippy, I guess I'll order one...

Questions about cleaning:

Does the Blackwing have a "recharge" kit that
I need to use/buy like I do on my K&N replacement
filters in my Monte Carlo and my Jeep?

Thanks

:cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Zippy,
Have you or anyone else with the blackwing had any problems? After reading some of the other posts about surging etc. with some other intakes I'm almost afraid to change from the factory filter. But would like to have the blackwing if there are no problems. Did you notice an increase in power? If so was it all the way through the rpm range or just at high rpms? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I have not used any type of cleaning kit on my Donaldson, and have never experienced surging.

No water ingestion either, and yes, I have driven my cars thru heavy rainstorms.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zippy said:
I have not used any type of cleaning kit on my Donaldson, and have never experienced surging.

No water ingestion either, and yes, I have driven my cars thru heavy rainstorms.

I'd say the filter, under normal driving, should be cleaned at around 9-10k. Zippoy you don't keep your cars that long probably:)

RG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts