Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The C5 Blackwing from Donaldson and Exit28motorsports.com:

Exit28 Motorsports is offering the exclusive automotive performance aftermarket Donaldson filter medium in the BLACKWING for the LS6 Corvette. You may not be familiar with the Donaldson name, but they are recognized throughout the world for their heavy duty truck,OEM filters and air box applications and industrial filters. Even the U.S. Government went to Donaldson for filters. From small stationary engines to the largest earth moving equipment Donaldson has over 80 years experience in manufacturing filters having over 1300 different patents on their products. One of the first filter assemblies Donaldson created was for the C5 Corvette. Why, because GM produced a world class sports car, but the stock air filter assembly is VERY restrictive! Donaldson wanted to show off their talent in filter design and manufacturing by producing the finest assembly available today. This filter assembly will allow your LS6 equipped Z06 Corvette to breath the way it should, featuring the most technologically advanced filter media available. The lifetime warrantied reusable filter will out flow its competition yet filter out the smallest dust particles. Another unique feature included with this assembly is the FLOW INDICATOR. This little gauge changes color to let you know when the filter needs cleaning. Simply clean the filter and reset the valve and you're ready to go. Clean with non solvent-based cleaner and reoil lightly.

Horsepower gains up to 16 over a stock filter for the LS1 has been seen and 14 on the Z06's LS6 motor.

Simple bolt on installation, requiring no vehicle modifications., nor shroud cutting.

Pricing info and order info can be found here:
http://www.stores.yahoo.com/corvetteforum/blacforls1an.html

or call us toll free at 877 966 8676.

Thanks!

RG

http://www.exit28motorsports.com

1 877 966 8676

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What is the difference in performance on the blackwing without a cold air box compared to a system with a cold air box? I am going to replace the system on my QSZ06 but am interested in hearing about the differences. Any experienced feedback would be appreciated.

Don

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2001Z06 said:
What is the difference in performance on the blackwing without a cold air box compared to a system with a cold air box? I am going to replace the system on my QSZ06 but am interested in hearing about the differences. Any experienced feedback would be appreciated.

Don
We sold a few of the covers last summer and don't anymore because of some surging on decel that a few folks experienced and all but add to go back to a stock shroud to cure it. Others were fine. No rhyme or reason, just theories, was ever really figured out as to wy. You open up the shroud for colder air with either the Vortex or if using the lid with the Blackwing.

I look at it like this, if you are doing a cold air box, do a Vortex for 225-270(depeneding on style). Adding a cold air box to the Blackwing gets you well up over 300 bucks very quickly.

RG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like a great price.

How long is the offer good for?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I bought my Donaldson Blackwing from RG last month @ a higher price:sad: and it is a very high quality piece...so @ this price it is a bargin and also doing business with RG was a pleasure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts