Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well after my first DE I decided to go ahead and bleed my brakes myself, go through the RR one OK and then went to the LF and found that some nitwit had rounded the bleeder screw off! My question to any that know is can I readily replace this bleeder valve myself (simple unscrew/replace) or is this a dealer or mechanic level task. Any how-tos on the subject would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Simple replacement ! Take one out and put one in ! Then bleed !

Rob :jammin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast replies fellas...will be visiting the local Chevy parts bin tomorrow morning. Oh, and my order for the speed bleeders goes in on Monday!

Joe

·
Registered
558 Posts
WhosUrDaddy said:
Didn't I read somewhere that these things leak? Anybody have experience with this for track cars?
I'm sure that they can leak if a manufacturing defect exists, improper installation occurs or incorrect size is used, but over the last two years of use on/off the track, I haven't had a problem which is more than I can say for a lot of other parts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been using them for about 1.5 years now with no problems. There have been posts about them leaking, but considering that most of the people who use them are bleeding their brakes all of the time, I'm sure that any bleed valve would wear out quicker than normal person who bleeds their brakes every 2 or more years. I bleed mine 2-3 times a month during the summer, but on my daily driver hasn't been touched yet.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
As the others have siad, they work like a charm and are very easy to install. Might consider installing stainless lines at the same time. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts